Cowboys v Manly [Round 18 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only mention of this game in the media up here in Qld has been to reference (ad nauseum) last years version of this game in which there was a controversial refereeing display including the infamous Foz knock on, Manly try etc.

They really are a, lowest common denominator, dim witted mob up here.

Jatz Crackers said:
The only mention of this game in the media up here in Qld has been to reference (ad nauseum) last years version of this game in which there was a controversial refereeing display including the infamous Foz knock on, Manly try etc.

They really are a, lowest common denominator, dim witted mob up here.

Did they mention the illegal strip and forward pass for their "try" ??............thought not.

Chip and Chase said:
Did they mention the illegal strip and forward pass for their "try" ??............thought not.

No they didnt :)

Qlds collective IQ dropped by 50% when Dan flew down to Sydney. If I go on holidays tomorrow then its a no brainer in a literal sense for the Sunshine State.

Bit like when Inglis declared his allegiance to QLD, average IQ of both States went up.

Manly requested it apparently. Didn't want the U20s players to miss out on working since they'd have to travel up and lose 2 work days.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/new-faces-for-nq-cowboys-but-no-bowen-20130714-2pxu1.html

New faces for NQ Cowboys but no Bowen
Date
July 14, 2013 - 3:01PM

The element of surprise may help a new-look North Queensland pull off a much needed NRL upset over Manly in Townsville on Monday night, stand-in Cowboys skipper Glenn Hall says.

But North Queensland coach Neil Henry has ruled out throwing any more curve balls, saying veteran fullback Matt Bowen won't be a last minute inclusion against the Sea Eagles.

Hall admitted some players may feel like they have received a "kick in the guts" by losing their spots in a Cowboys line-up drastically reshuffled following the departure of co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott and fellow State of Origin stars Brent Tate and James Tamou.

But he couldn't help chuckle over what Manly coach Geoff Toovey would have made of the almost unrecognisable Cowboys team.

Advertisement
"Good luck to Geoff Toovey doing a video session on them," he smiled.

"We are going to have to be on our game but hopefully we can surprise them with a few guys that they don't know."

Apart from their Origin contingent, North Queensland are also without Bowen (knee), Dallas Johnson (ankle) and Ashton Sims (suspension) while Gavin Cooper and Tariq Sims have been demoted to the bench.

It has resulted in a completely new starting pack.

Lock Joel Riethmuller, second-rower Ethan Lowe, hooker Anthony Mitchell and prop Ricky Thorby slot in after not even appearing in last round's 17.

Second-rower Jason Taumalolo and prop Hall have been promoted from the bench.

Henry is yet to trim his five man bench with a question mark still hovering over playmaker Michael Morgan (ankle).

But he was adamant about Bowen.

The 31-year-old is still yet to hit top speed at training as he overcomes knee soreness that threatens to end his Cowboys career.

The off contract Bowen is keen to get back on the field and impress - especially after the Cowboys recently signed "insurance policy" Hezron Murgha and speculation swirls that North Queensland have approached Penrith No.1 Lachlan Coote.

"He's not quite at top speed so we will need to see that before he gets on the park," Henry said.

"I thought (stand-in No.1) Clint (Greenshields) played well last week.

"He's made that position his while Mango is out."

North Queensland need to win six of their last eight games to be a finals chance.

Henry denied former Queensland lock Johnson had been dropped, saying he would rest an ankle complaint and return in their next clash against Brisbane following a bye.

Henry said the task of fourth-last North Queensland (6-10) beating fifth-placed Manly (8-1-6) was "not mission impossible".

"They know they have to step up but I think you will find the guys coming in won't let anyone down," he said.

Massively important game tomorrow night it really is a must win game. It's against a team virtually out of the running and way down on troops. A loss for us with 5 teams breathing down our neck on 20 points and we are in a real fight just to make the top 8. it's win at all costs and it puts us within striking distance of 3rd.

Mick, can I respectfully call a breather for you. Mate you have played hard and set it up for our wins with your calls of our losses. Let the boys do it from here on in & feel free to become a non instrumental fan. Well played mate and done strong !

Jatz Crackers said:
Mick, can I respectfully call a breather for you. Mate you have played hard and set it up for our wins with your calls of our losses. Let the boys do it from here on in & feel free to become a non instrumental fan. Well played mate and done strong !

Yeah I've already called stumps on the predictions Jatz. It's now just posts on how I REALLY see it from now on without the tips. As I said above this is a huge game for us. A must win if we want to kick on this year and give it a real shake.

Some tweets

Justin Horo
“@Jrinkin: @JustHoro is gifty playing?”Yes mate gifty is sweet!

RLW mole
BREAKING: Mail @manlyseaeagles may play Lyon will play 6,Foran 7 and Hiku in centres.... that's how they have trained #moleyhasaspy

I'd expect to see Lyon at 6 most of the match. Morgan is in doubt ,they wanted to play him instead of Lui, so we should try to outplay them via the skill of the halves.

Just read the telegraph this morning and there is not one mention of a game of league on tonight.

Where is the NRL and why are they not coming out and slamming the telegraph for lack of promotion of the game?

Funny how Rothfield can write crap about Manly but his paper doesn't mention when we play a game.

Too busy blaming the nrl for low crowd numbers in western sydney rather than mentioning a game tonight.

globaleagle said:
Too busy blaming the nrl for low crowd numbers in western sydney rather than mentioning a game tonight.

Maybe its the rubbish clubs that they have to support which are to blame. (Penrith, who cares), (Parra, a joke), (Tigers, another joke), (Dogs, filth supporters).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6