Cowboys to open season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ght-in-townsvile/story-fni3g8pa-1227576183521

The NRL will launch the 2016 season with a Thursday night spectacular in Townsville to cash in on the phenomenal popularity of Johnathan Thurston’s Cowboys.

Channel Nine will broadcast a live 8pm coverage of the recently crowned NRL premiers against one of the top-rating Sydney clubs, probably either the Parramatta Eels or the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Interesting that Buzz also talks about the NRL aiming to have the draw out around the same time as the AFL.

I was really excited about the Cows winning, mainly because I hate the donkeys. The Cows traveled the hard road and battled out for 20 years to get there as opposed to other modern teams like Melbourne winning after 2 years in the comp - ridiculous IMO.
I prefer a cows love-fest to a bunnies on for sure.
But the TV agenda is so unfair to less popular clubs like the Mighty Sea Eagles, Rorters, Sharkies, Raiders, Tigers, Knights and more.
The promotion of both the Bunnies and Cows victories have been on a whole new level to what we've seen before. This promotion gains these already popular teams even more following.
The TV driven agenda drives me nuts. Manly and others are low priority in an already unfair competition.
If a third fairy tale premiership is won next year I think I'll be putting on a tinfoil hat.
Go Manly 2016 and shove it up everything within the Nrl that appears to be working against our club. Trouble is, for television ratings a Manly victory isn't popular.

Part I found interesting is that Nine and Fox Sports have full control of the draw but in 2018 NRL will determine it's own schedule

Funny but I would have thought a Squeals / Eagles game in round 1 would have been fascinating , the Dalai v the new boy, Lussick against his old club, playing for his old club, and $Forme v his old club.

Now I reckon that has some interest!!

Also as they have been want to do a GF rematch as the season opener.

That's what I'd want if I was Chan 9

Wow a chan 9 game for the Cowboys that's not against Brisbane. All they had to do was win the comp aye

P
Funny but I would have thought a Squeals / Eagles game in round 1 would have been fascinating , the Dalai v the new boy, Lussick against his old club, playing for his old club, and $Forme v his old club.

Now I reckon that has some interest!!

Also as they have been want to do a GF rematch as the season opener.

That's what I'd want if I was Chan 9
playing Parra in RD 1 this year didn't
work out so well for us mate. Lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4