Cowboys may be in trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Peeps, I'm hearing from a contact at Fairfax that the Cowboys look to be in a bit of trouble regarding land deals and salary cap cheating... how big I'm not sure yet... possibly breaking today
Thanks peep!

Only person who says peeps is Tony Adams! Hey Moley!

This could be good for us on two fronts, if the breach is serious:

1) Another spot in the top 8 for us to possibly sneak into.
2) Sudden appearance of a James Tamou or Ben Te'o back in the open market.

However published recently in Sydney morning herald, Luke Burgess has been told he is not under threat from the player clean out, this says one thing to me we are still after brother Sam and this sudden change in stance on Luke's contract may mean negotiations are further along than some might think!

Only person who says peeps is Tony Adams! Hey Moley!

This could be good for us on two fronts, if the breach is serious:

1) Another spot in the top 8 for us to possibly sneak into.
2) Sudden appearance of a James Tamou or Ben Te'o back in the open market.

However published recently in Sydney morning herald, Luke Burgess has been told he is not under threat from the player clean out, this says one thing to me we are still after brother Sam and this sudden change in stance on Luke's contract may mean negotiations are further along than some might think!
ha ha I can assure you I ain't Moley. I have don't live by the theory "throw enough sh*t and some will stick".

Read somewhere that it might have to do with a builder in Townsville building houses for the players for free.

Betting on the premiership winner hasnt been suspended. That's usually a decent indication massive stuff is about to go down.

I do not know how deep salary cap rorting goes or how many clubs can be accused of salary cap rorts.

But it seems that almost every club has or is rorting the system.

The NRL seem to be powerless or unwilling to do something about it.

Complicate it with third party agreements and the trouble seems to multiply.

NRL take control of the game please or get out and let someone else take control.

I have said it before and say it again. Bring in a points system that is transparent and easily policed.

Or do I continue to say what has been said to me by many others? NRL stands for NO REAL LEADERSHIP.

So those top ups from the club would be seen as having to be included in the cap?

Exactly right! So could be a more serious breach than the storm.

This is the way I would rort the cap, set up a financial advisory firm that only advise club employees as a special purpose vehicle. Write down limited recourse borrowing arrangements inside super With a balloon payment at the end for players that they can use to purchase an investment property or build a portfolio of financial assets. When the player retires write off the loan. Leaving the player with the acquired assets. But if they leave make them pay it back!

Exactly right! So could be a more serious breach than the storm.

This is the way I would rort the cap, set up a financial advisory firm that only advise club employees as a special purpose vehicle. Write down limited recourse borrowing arrangements inside super With a balloon payment at the end for players that they can use to purchase an investment property or build a portfolio of financial assets. When the player retires write off the loan. Leaving the player with the acquired assets. But if they leave make them pay it back!
Brilliant idea!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4