cowboys at brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
If the cows beat broncos dont be surprised if the commission move this game to Brookie.They have already shown they are prepared to be procactive unlike that germ Gallop by the shoulder charge change last week and the instant dismissal of the MacIntyre system.They also showed they are willing to make quick venue changes with the Hindmarsh game.

Last year was a diabolical look for the game when compared to the AFL sell outs.Collingwood will draw 80 000 next week and if the NRL dish up 10k at SFS it will be laughable.

Given we were at full strength last year and we are going to be wounded badly Id hate to think what the attendance may be.

The commission cant risk it.Will be a good test for them.

I like your thinking but there's not a hope in hell that will happen.

Not sure Cand C.We have had so many years of Gallop we are brainwashed into thinking commonsense is dead.

Grant is known in business as a hardcore shrewd businessman and whether you agree with the shoulder charge move or not it was a bold move out of the blue.I havent given up hope.

I think you will find the press will make an issue of it too.

Week 2 games have always been at regional stadiums. There is 0% chance of it being moved to brookie. The cows or broncs fans would be rioting, and I woukdnt blame them.

Why would they be rioting.We earned the right to of a home game by finishing in the top 4 after 26 rounds,they didnt.If the cows had lost last night to dogs they would have a nice little home game at "regional'Dairyfarmers.

The regional stuff is garbage-it means Melbourne in Melbourne,Broncos at Suncorp,Cows at Dairyfarmers,Canberra in Canberra.If it was simply a big ground regional issue then the cows would play in the best regional stadium in Qld-Suncorp,not that ****hole in Townsville which is as bad as brookie.Fat chance.

This year schedule for semis has not been set in stone like previous years (we didnt know when this weeks games would be played till a few days before)and commonsense cries out for it.They may not shift it but it wont be because it is unfair to the cowboys.Under that logic the cows run outside top 4,get a home game and then cry conspiracy because they have to play at our home ground!

This game got a billion dollars for entertaining people.An SFS game will make us a laughing stock.

We have the wrong people running the game if some beauracratic red tape forces a game to be played in embarrassing circumstances while the pies show of 100k of drooling fans on national TV.If they dont at least consider the issue it will be a disgrace.And this is not just because I am a Manly supporter.Our game needs to be shown in its best light and that aint at a barren stadium on a cold friday night.

Julia has more chance at retaining the Lodge than we do of getting the game moved to Brookie.

Ridiculous that if Cowboys were 4th & Manly 5th the game would have been at Dairy Farmers but if the reverse applies Brookie is not allowed.

Playing a Manly game at the SFS on Friday work night is doomed to fail when it comes to crowd numbers.

Sadly Arko no longer runs rugby league.

Both interstate Teams will be lucky to get 1,000 to the SFS.

The sentiment of the Manly Fairweather Supporters, will mean that we will get less than 10,000 to the SFS.

Brookie on Friday, would be commercially more sound for the NRL and Manly IMO.

susan said:
Why would they be rioting.We earned the right to of a home game by finishing in the top 4 after 26 rounds,they didnt.If the cows had lost last night to dogs they would have a nice little home game at "regional'Dairyfarmers.

The regional stuff is garbage-it means Melbourne in Melbourne,Broncos at Suncorp,Cows at Dairyfarmers,Canberra in Canberra.If it was simply a big ground regional issue then the cows would play in the best regional stadium in Qld-Suncorp,not that ****hole in Townsville which is as bad as brookie.Fat chance.

This year schedule for semis has not been set in stone like previous years (we didnt know when this weeks games would be played till a few days before)and commonsense cries out for it.They may not shift it but it wont be because it is unfair to the cowboys.Under that logic the cows run outside top 4,get a home game and then cry conspiracy because they have to play at our home ground!

This game got a billion dollars for entertaining people.An SFS game will make us a laughing stock.

We have the wrong people running the game if some beauracratic red tape forces a game to be played in embarrassing circumstances while the pies show of 100k of drooling fans on national TV.If they dont at least consider the issue it will be a disgrace.And this is not just because I am a Manly supporter.Our game needs to be shown in its best light and that aint at a barren stadium on a cold friday night.

You should be in politics Susan. I larfed when I read the heading, but you make a very good case. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for nothing NRL! Everyone will bag Manly fans for not going to ANZ & SFS but by end of Week 2 of semis every team in Top 6 will have had a home game except for Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8