Cowboys are Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
well that would be amazing that looked like he could have busted every bloody ligament in his leg as well as damaged cartlidge, broken leg and more yeesh

just heard that jughead Peter Parr on ABC radio say they are pretty confident he will be back as it is not ACL.The caveat is that Parr is a total fool.

Wow, it looked pretty bad in slow mo, so if he is back in 6 weeks he is a lucky man.

Hope he gets back on the field this year, despite what others here think I enjoy watching him play.

Can understand disliking other players but can not understand wanting injuries

lsz said:

I think we are inundated here at the moment with kids, afterall it is the holidays and adults could not be that immature.

bob dylan said:
lsz said:

I think we are inundated here at the moment with kids, afterall it is the holidays and adults could not be that immature.

agreed. We may have to start adjusting our fairly loose, self policing policy and start sorting people out

Thurston is ridiculously lucky to get away with what he did.

For the sake of comparison, here is an injury that happened in the NFL last year:

weaverleonardhurt.jpg

Incredibly similar incident when you watch it at full speed. Poor old Weave's career is more or less over as a result of the above. Thurston should be counting his lucky stars, inches away from his career being gone.

Cambo said:
Brookvale said:
sucked in to him, took his own player to take him out
Poor form mate however I'm filthy it was those c**ts slater or smith

It's not poor form. I think you'd agree with me if you met him while he is inebriated! The guy is like A Johns of Newcastle. King $heet!

He has played origin since 2005, has never lost a series. Deserves all the accolades. Great tenatious player on the field, tool off it.

I think you could probably go with tool on the field as well. Has anyone ever gotten away with giving the ref a spray as many times as this little grub? The fact is NQ will now fall away from the top 4 and even with Thurston back in round 22-23 they may just be too far gone by then. Finishing 6th or 7th could be a death blow. Having said that, if they finish 7th, you'd probably prefer to finish 3rd than 2nd.

Cowboys are nothing when they play in Sydney. They would be my preference to play in week one of the finals regardless of whether Thurston is there or not.

That's true but I think they have a pretty solid squad this year and with the likes of Thurston, Scott, Bowen and Hall in form they could be tough even in Sydney. I'd prefer to be playing the Knights or Tigpies.

Greg Inglis- the Queenslander from Kempsey and chief destroyer over their 6 series wins. A bit of a mockery of the concept state of 'origin'.

Daniel said:
bob dylan said:
lsz said:

agreed. We may have to start adjusting our fairly loose, self policing policy and start sorting people out

Yep!!

bob dylan said:
Hope he gets back on the field this year, despite what others here think I enjoy watching him play.

Add me to that as well....for example (not Thurston) but how can you not marvel at the prowess of Lockyer, what a sublime footballer he has been...I feel it a priviledge to say I have seen him play.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE it when we beat the Bronco's, and I would LOVE it had we crunched Queensland BUT you do have to applaud great players, regardless of what jersey they wear!!

I don't think NQL are gone at all. Thurston will be back well before the finals. They have coming back from injury both Tonga & Tate in the centres. So running into the finals they will have a strong forward pack, No 1 Halfback, a pretty handy No 9 & No 1 and a pretty formidable centre pairing.

My prediction is Manly V NQL GF.

AshfieldBazza said:
No way with that grand final prediction, Cowboys away from home won't beat the other top 4 or 5 teams us included. Good team this year,better than i expected after last few years below par performances but not good enough for the above prediction

manly and melbourne GF it has to be.......set to continue on from 2008.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4