Country selections WTF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Ok, this aint soccer we are talking about. We've got blokes here who have played state of origin. Guys who have rep'd for Australia and now because they can't get a spot they're off to play for another country.

I don't think i'm being a little harsh when i say, if the kiwi's aren't allow to play state of origin, neither should these blokes. For mine, white, sims, tupou, hayne, robo should never be looked at for Origin again if its not acceptable for blokes like Marshal or Wiki or the like to get a shot at origin.

Players and their world cup team:

Jarrod Hayne, Wes Naiqama, Ashton Sims - Fiji
Brett White - Ireland
Matt Utai, Tony Puletua - Samoa
Michael Robertson -Scotland
Anthony Tupou, Michael Jennings, Feleti Mateo, Tony Williams, Taniela Tuiaki,  Fuifui Moimoi - Tonga

the World cup is an exception to the rule, if they dont allow NRL and quality players to play for the World cup squad then it will just be the usual 3 horse race of UK, NZ and Australia.

Once these other teams build more I completely agree though, you make your choice.

I do however think that Origin should be opened up to players from other countries as well either with a "all the rest" team (which would be hard to bloody beat) or by allowing players to play for the state they first played football for

They have to allow it for the world cup, if they did not the games would be a joke.  Imagine a team full of Fijian coconut farmers who play once a week without boots against the Aussies or Kiwis.  They would be slaughtered 200 nil.

As far as I know all the guys made themselves available for Australia first. Once they weren't picked then they were free to play for other countries if eligible. Fair enough I reckon, otherwise some of these teams would be lambs to the slaughter.

You have to have a grandparent that was a citizen of one of these countries. League is just trying to rebuild the international game. 100 nil results would do nothing, hence the lax qualifications.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8