Countdown on as Glenn Stewart resumes running

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Countdown on as Glenn Stewart resumes running by: Christian Nicolussi
June 28, 2012 1:36PM

GLENN Stewart completed light running for the first time this morning in a bid to prove his fitness for next Wednesday's Origin III against Queensland.
Stewart broke down with a knee injury last week and was set to be sidelined for up to a month.

But the Manly back-rower is determined to make a miraculous return to be part of the representative blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium.

Stewart was restricted to walking around WIN Jubilee Oval at Kogarah as his teammates trained.

He later took to the exercise bike before he completed a series of spring drills down the eastern sideline.

Coach Ricky Stuart will have a clearer idea about Stewart's fitness by this afternoon, with Dragons back-rower Beau Scott tipped to be his replacement should he not recover.

Teammate Luke Lewis said of Stewart: "He's been working really hard, doing all his physio and being a real professional and doing everything he can to be right. We're all really hopeful that he will be able to do full training by Friday and by Sunday he can be in camp with us in Brisbane.

"He's been doing a lot of little extras while we've not been training to get it right and that's been outstanding. He's giving himself every chance."

He deserves a NSW series win on his record so i hope it happens and that he comes out the other side with out any further damage!!

He gets re-injured I want Sticky's head on a platter.He should not even be running yet.

how long has it been since two sets of brothers have been on the same origin team?

Never.

It'll be the 1st time in Origin History if the Morris boys and the Stewarts Bros take the field.

Also the 1st time in NSW Origin History twins taking the field.

QLD had Kevin and Kerrod.

stoodamire said:
Never.

It'll be the 1st time in Origin History if the Morris boys and the Stewarts Bros take the field.

Kevin & kerod would have to be up there with my 2 most hated of all time.

Really hoping that Glenn walks out onto the field fit. If he goes out there sill injured it could risk losing him for the season. Hope sticky understands this. If i was tooves id be on the phone 24/7 keeping in contact !

Rambo1987 said:
He later took to the exercise bike before he completed a series of spring drills down the eastern sideline.
Serious? Ricky Stuart has no idea. Spring drills in the middle of winter?

If Glenn is not 100% he shouldn't play. As I suspected even if he's not 100% fit imo Stuart will let Glenn play and it could cost us. The "win at all costs" is Ricky's mantra and couldn't give a toss if Glenn injures himself further to our detriment.

G-land Express said:
stoodamire said:
Never.

Kevin & kerod would have to be up there with my 2 most hated of all time.

I saw Steve Walters punch a spectator in the face outside the SFS back in the 90s after a State of Origin, first class tosser.

If he wants it bad enough, I hope he gets up for it. I'm sure winning an origin series with his brother will be a career highlight and an immense sense of pride for the whole family.

I personally don't think he has any more impact the way he has been used than any other backrower,he shouldn't be risked for mickey mouse ****

According to Ninemsn he has failed his fitness today. Good news for Manly as he wont be risking further injury although you would expect he wont play next week against the Eels.

Sheikheagle said:
According to Ninemsn he has failed his fitness today. Good news for Manly as he wont be risking further injury although you would expect he wont play next week against the Eels.

That is a shame for gift, but a good thing for manly.

I agree, i doubt he will play agianst parra, but i guess he is looking promosing for the week after

Daily Tele reporting gift has been ruled out of SOO 3.

That is a shame for gift, he is the best second rower nsw had, and it might be the year NSW finally wins.

On the plus side this si a positive for manly him not being risked.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/glenn-stewarts-state-of-origin-fitness-bid-fails/story-e6frexnr-1226412230515

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6