Council Meeting tonight (Tuesday 23/11) 6pm re Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
There's an important council meeting tomorrow night and all Manly fans are encouraged to wear their colours & show their support at Dee Why Civic Centre at 6pm to get Brookie up to modern standards!

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/council_then/documents/2010112382.pdf

(Outcomes of Brookvale Park Community Program)

Jatz Crackers link said:
Best i can offer is that I will wave my Sea Eagles beach towel from Noosa if that helps.
Being in Ballina I can empathise with your dilemma but 1 Karma added for your efforts.

Thanks for the link Vidmar. Interesting reading and a very positive base to work from if it can be voted through council.

I have a work function on tomorrow night but would appreciate an update from anyone who attends.

Re: Council Meeting tonight (Wednesday 23/11) 6pm re Brookvale Oval

****, and here I've been thinking that today is Tuesday.

Bradza link said:
Thanks for the link Vidmar. Interesting reading and a very positive base to work from if it can be voted through council.

I have a work function on tomorrow night but would appreciate an update from anyone who attends.

Meeting is tonight mate? (Tuesday)

All good from an Eagles perspective.

Our co-patron Kerry Sibraa AO and number one season ticket holder Thomas Keneally AO presented to council as part of the public submission.

Good to see a good mingling of Eagles fans, Scott Penn, Alicia from the club and the gentleman above all being there.

Really just another step in progressing but positive in that (and read the report from the link above for the full story)...

There is now a definitive and factual outcome as to what the local community wants (Sea Eagles to stay at Brookie, commercial development of the southern  side of the ground, improved facilities, government funding etc etc)

A "softening" of some of the hard line councillors who now realise that the community want to support the venture and they are gettig "on-board"

A better understanding of the concerns of the local residents that will allow us to work with them to ensure an outcome that will work for everyone

An agreement to progress to the next step to look at what can be done, when, for how much and where will funds come from.

All in all a good meeting (mind you the motion was tabled immediately after the breach of code of conduct of a well known councillor which, as you'd imagine, went on for some time...)

The Wheel link said:
Thanks for the update Vidmar, it is certainly a long process

No worries mate, A big part of the process is to ensure that council see that the community have a very keen interest in the process and are giving feedback to assist them in their decision making.

All credit to you and the many others that have taken time to attend meetings, public gatherings like the Breakfast at Brooky and community workshops and also gotten involved in on-line polls, forums and other aspects of the process.

It is a huge help to have high profile people and various council members supporting us but it is the community and its members that are the main drivers on this mate.

Thanks for the update Vidmar, and for your attendance.  I get weekly prompts to hit the Warringah forum to comment and do so regularly.  It feels a bit strange, living in Qld, but us out-of-towners do contribute a significant stake to the Warringah economy through our support of the club and occasional atendance.  (The captains' box canapes are locally sourced I trust)  ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6