1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couldn't be happier - but Matai?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bazeagle, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    the forwards really delivered today
    awesome performance by the entire side
    Perry stood up
    everyone did
    sign Matai - now; no ifs or buts

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yep ive already said this in another thread. Matai is a part of the soul of this team along with Killer.

3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,405 / 130
    Must be signed tomorrow.

Torana you are spot on, he is a major part of the soul of our team.

If we have Watmough, Lyon, Matai, Foran and G Stewart signed long term we are assured to be competitive for the next 4-5 years.

4. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Foran is a star and he is only 20, he will be one of the best players in the NRL in the future, we need to wrap him up now.

5. cf2 is back

cf2 is back Active Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Good post Baz the forwards had to stand up today and they sure did. All of them put in today. Ballin's defence and kicking is always superb but today he finally realised he's got to cause some havoc from dummy half and he did it well today.

I thought Kite especially was fantastic today and threw a superb ball for the crucial match sealing Farrar try.

In the backs Foran was sensational, Lyon and Matai superb and Farrar also excellent. But Tony Williams, please, can someone please tell this guy it's not park footy. 6 runs and 0 tackles is just not good enough and it's only that we won so well today that yet another dead lazy performance wasn't a problem. Like everyone I love it when he smashes up the middle but 6 hit ups??? Please. Do not forget that Hoppa senior regularly made 20 hit ups per match using his size as our 7th forward and it's high time Williams started doing the same. The guy is huge and a weapon but 6 hit ups in 80 minutes doesn't cut it for me.

All in all a great performance today. In the fair dinkum stakes the Tigers were dead lucky to score 20 and if not for some dubious penalties and the ridiculous sin binning of Matai it would have been more like 46-12.

Well done Manly but every week is a mini GF so the pressure remains to keep a top 4 spot. Lets cane the Knights next Mon and set up a bumper crowd v Melb at Brookie Sat week.

6. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Lyon scored more points tonight than the combined total of the opposition. Was my man of the match by far.

Who got MOTM? Had to be killer.

7. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Choc got the Ch 9 MOTM.

There must be a few Parra fans deciding MOTM awards at Ch 9...

8. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Choc got the Ch 9 MOTM.

There must be a few Parra fans deciding MOTM awards at Ch 9...
    [/quote]

I thought he was OK tonight. Surprised he got the biscuit though.

9. Dessy

Dessy Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Trouble is, if we do keep all of these players. the players around them won't be much chop.

10. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Matai was our best..by far and he only played 70mins...i am filthy he got sin binned cause of Farah the dog, but we got the 2 points and i am sooo happy!!!! EAGLE ROCK!!!