Could Buhrer be next 2 go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You pay the price for success in the NRL. We've managed to avoid it till now. Time to suck it up & look to the future of the team. Gutho, Jake & Tom Turbo, Chee Kam, JSL, Horo, Taufua, BJ, Starling, Hodges, Ferris, Hiku, alongside DCE & Foran. I think they'll be playing finals for a while yet.

Stevo said:
Napper said:
Stevo said:
TK on the big sports brekky mentioned this morning that the NRL warned the Sea Eagles 3 years ago what back ending contracts would do to the team. Hopefully it ends with Stewart and Choc.

Thanks very fcuken much Des!

Where's Choc going?

No where. But have been told he's on around $900k this year.

You are 100% completely wrong.

Stevo said:
yeah like i'm going to reveal my source to you tossers

This is gold, just gold....how much did your source say Watmough is on? $900k was it? Aaaaaahahahahahahahaha....sorry mate....your source sucks.

I do hope that we can retain Ferris as he is the natural successor to Gifty. He is still developing as a player and he has the advantage of being a back up for Matty at hooker too.

My fear is that again we will lose a kid that we have grown to a rival cause of this cap.

When will the NRL do something about rewarding clubs who grow a player and allow him to build a career at one club.

I think we can play Buhrer what he's worth. Unfortunately some other club will probably offer a ridiculous amount to poach him. Lets just hope his love of the club he's always supported will be enough to keep him as well as the promise of more minutes on the paddock. IMO he is one player screaming out for game time and I see his impact on games rising accordingly.

Ryan said:
Stevo said:
Napper said:
Stevo said:
TK on the big sports brekky mentioned this morning that the NRL warned the Sea Eagles 3 years ago what back ending contracts would do to the team. Hopefully it ends with Stewart and Choc.

Thanks very fcuken much Des!

Where's Choc going?

No where. But have been told he's on around $900k this year.

You are 100% completely wrong.

Stevo said:
yeah like i'm going to reveal my source to you tossers

This is gold, just gold....how much did your source say Watmough is on? $900k was it? Aaaaaahahahahahahahaha....sorry mate....your source sucks.

Yeah she probably does for all i know. You'd have to ask him.

Jamie would have to be in a better position to stay now, with Glenn's departure Jamie should step into his shoes....... I believe Jamie's to small and manly could let him go..... We have a talent signed for 3 yrs in hodges, so we don't need Jamie as a back up hooker....... It's a tuff one , he just seems to get dominated by opposing packs to often.

Hasn't Buhrer scored crucial tries a couple of times for us this year? There is still a place in the game for a smaller forward, especially one with his work-rate, skills, speed, evasion and nous. His best is still ahead so I'm sure the club wants to keep him if possible.

I dont buy into the talk that he gets dominated. His footwork before the line means that he makes 10+ metres a run and pokes his nose through for a quick play the ball. Does a lot of clean up work in defence too.
Arguable won us the Souffs game and the Cowboys game (would love to see Horo run some of his lines like Buhrer sometimes).

c eagle said:
....... I believe Jamie's to small and manly could let him go.....

Sounds like what they were saying about Glenn Stewart all those years ago.

He's a more than capable backrower/utility, runs great lines, is a decent ballplayer, is approaching 100 NRL agmes, has a premiership ring and went okay in SOO (whether you think he deserved to be there or not ).

He's doing his job in our top 17.

StuBoot said:
c eagle said:

He's a more than capable backrower/utility, runs great lines, is a decent ballplayer, is approaching 100 NRL agmes, has a premiership ring and went okay in SOO (whether you think he deserved to be there or not ).

When Brett and Glenn came out to play touch footy with us Glenn was tiny. Looking at the photos he gained bulk within a year of two. I'm willing to think ferris will go through a similar tramsformation

StuBoot said:
c eagle said:

Yep, that's exactly what they said about Glen when he came into the side to replace Kennedy. He bulked up a bit and added some size and strength to his skill. I think Buhrer will do the same, and think his ball playing is improving as well. I think he's a ready-made replacement for Gift.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4