Could Brett Play?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
I might be dreaming but do you think it could be possible for the NRL to overturn their decision on Brett's ban?

Every day more information is being released to the general public. And it seems that most of this information is falling in Brett's favour. Just now we've found out that the DNA test results were negative for sexual assault. While it doesn't clear him just yet, it confirms to us that the scenario is far less serious than it could have been and it evens throws doubt onto the claim by the victim who we haven't even heard from. The father doesn't mind getting his version of the story out though.

The NRL doesn't have a leg to stand on in banning Brett for drunken behaviour. He didn't muck up at the function and made his way home without a drama before this S**tstorm happened.

So would it be possible to place enough pressure on the NRL to rethink it's decision? Could the Manly board launch a successful appeal?

And if the ban were to stick, would Brett be able to play in our Sunshine coast side? Or would you rather he took a break and came back fresh from round 5 onwards.

I doubt it. They wont back down it will make them look weaker than they are.

If the allegations are proven false rather than Brett having no case to answer perhaps, but that will take more than 4 weeks.

We have to wear Brett's suspension because the NRL have found some very shaky ground to stand on, but backing down makes them look even weaker.

Everyone knows Gallop is weak, how else do you explain the News Ltd hand being able to be lodged so far up his ass......

Or not, just venting some frastration.

Unfortunately I agree with Dan on this one.  I think the club have accepted the ban already.  I think they are appealing the sum of the fine only.  A bit weak in my view, but I'm not in charge.  God I hope Gallop goes for this.      

I wish he could BUT do you seriously beleive the NRL will change their mind...remember (and I am laughing at this when I type it) they say the suspension has NOTHING to do with the assault chage.

Buckleys and none.

Interesting though that ANYTHING to do with this story (of a negative nature) has instantly appeared on every online newspaer, every news story on TV...I can't see this news ANYWHERE on current online news sites, and just watching Sky News and nothing there either.

Just goes to show you that media are only interested in negative stories and perpetuate these to get further negative stories so they can keep the ball rolling.....stinks doesn't it????

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I wish he could BUT do you seriously beleive the NRL will change their mind...remember (and I am laughing at this when I type it) they say the suspension has NOTHING to do with the assault chage.

Buckleys and none.

Interesting though that ANYTHING to do with this story (of a negative nature) has instantly appeared on every online newspaer, every news story on TV...I can't see this news ANYWHERE on current online news sites, and just watching Sky News and nothing there either.

Just goes to show you that media are only interested in negative stories and perpetuate these to get further negative stories so they can keep the ball rolling.....stinks doesn't it????

it was in the telegraph at least......looks like they may win some new readers through this

Yes Dan it's in their online version as well but NOWHERE else...my opinion of the media in relation to all of this has sunk to a new low.

The ONE bit of "good news" has been left to wallow in the HUNDREDS of bad news stories.

You know why...good news doesn't sell papers does it!!!

wheres the big heading in tomorrows paper... STEWARTS DNA NOT FOUND...  more likely to be some pink dolphin instead.

I hate SMH and Telegraph

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8