1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Beaver Play NRL Again (for MWSE) ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by EagleFromMay1967, Jul 8, 2013.

1. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Praps he could. You're only as old as you feel.

Given the current state of the team, the fresh motivation he could bring, is this so ridiculous ? If he can motivate himself @ 40, cant the others @ 28?

Ok, 20 mins from bench; and he'd probably sign up for a song . . .
    Its past 30 June, is it too late ?

What a story, 469 professional games and counting. Love Beaver.

2. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    Much as I would love to have him back, he went out on top, he could not have had a better send off than scoring a try in a fantastic grand final win. I would hate for him to ruin that by coming back and not being hugely successful in the nrl. Let him remain the legend his currently is.

3. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    I'd be happy for him to come back for one game so that he can have the record he so richly deserves - instead of sharing it with a grub.

4. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    I think he would have to play 5-6 games to beat the record, lockyer 'I am not playing on just to beat any records' can keep it. We all know who the biggest champion really is

5. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    A $1 BK-style contract would be great, in case we get heaps of injuries next year.

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Its one step at a time for me. Beaver is going to be here anyway, so I reckon tell him to do the pre-season training. If he is holding his own, let him play in a trial, maybe that first one when all teams usually rest their first graders to see how he goes against the up and comers. If he ticks that box then play him in the last trial. If he's earned a spot on merit then play him from round 1. If he's just held his own, keep him in reserve for injuries during the year, but if he hasn't cut the mustard at any stage of that process then he won't be used.

7. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Watching some of the UK super league games from this year, he could definately handle a return to the NRL. If his mind and body were up for it, it wouldnt be such a bad idea.

8. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    . . . . and we will. Whatmough, GStewart, Matai. Dont forget Beaver knows how to play centre. Especially Left centre. :)

9. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Beaver went out in a winning GF scoring a try I will never forget and thats the way we will remember him...