1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could a team win the Grand Final on the eight tackle?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Enigma, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Enigma

Enigma Active Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 8
    I might have missed something but I can not recall a solution to the issue of teams getting an extra tackle. Are we relying entirely on one very busy stressed person only to count the tackles? Can't the weekend warriors in the bunker have a button to press to count tackles which is then displayed on the score board. Some Cronulla fans will be institutionalised if Cameron Smith sneaks over from dummy half on the eight tackle to win the GF

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Archer:
    “We’ve had a process in place for a little while now where the lead ref would call the tackle.

“That’s confirmed by the assistant ref, and ultimately the video referee has a level of responsibility around that.

“If he identifies an error he’s to communicate with the on field officials and he’s to have that rectified.”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    It's no wonder that refs get so many decisions wrong when you consider how much they have to do. Having to yell out instructions to players ("get square; get off him..." etc) add to the problem.
    However, I'm anti-technology because it has created as many problems as it has solved, and turned our sport into rocket-surgery.

4. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,357 / 51
    Well if they did, I would bet you it would be against us! Oh...and Checcin would be the ref :banghead:

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,769 / 258
    Well one has won one on the 7th haven't they (1995), so anything is possible.

• Agree Agree x 1