Could 2017 be a Suprise Year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like your anti-optimism but in all seriousness there are very few better squads in the nrl than ours in 2017... Let's compare the Cowboys and Our likely 2017 sides, I think next year you will be pleasantly surprised

1. Tom Trbojevic / Lachlan Coote
2. Jorge Taufua / Kyle Feld
3. Dylan Walker / Justin O'neil
4. Steve Matai / Kane Linnett
5. Akuila Uate / Antonio Winterstein
6. Blake Green / Michael Morgan
7. DCE / Johnathan Thurston
8. Darcy Lussick / Matt Scott
9. Matt Parcell / Jake Granville
10. *Ben Matulino* / Ben Hannant
11. Martin Tapau / Gavin Cooper
12. Jamie Buhrer / Ethan Lowe
13. Jake Trbojevic / Jason Tamaloulo

Our Interchange varies a little but here's mine... The Cowboys I just placed who I believe would go there but they would likely sign some others.

14. Addin Fonua-Blake / Coen Hess
15. Willis Meehan / John Asiata
16. Brenton Lawrence / Scott Bolton
17. Jamil Hoppoate / Javid Bowen

I dunno, I'm calling top 4...

*Ben Matulino* does not play for us ... try using who we have signed

*Ben Matulino* does not play for us ... try using who we have signed
That's why I put the ** next to and before his name. It's a rumour for now but he may indeed come IMO, the Warriors will be short on cash if Foran is signed and a apparently a Warriors legend has called for both he and Vatuvei to be released.

Love the optimism, but it's not optimism its reality. Now we have Green a quality 5/8 and with loads of experience playing alongside one of the great halves. He wasn't turned into a good player by Bellamy if you actually follow the superleague you'd have watched him and realise he is NRL quality he wasn't smashing teams single handed. Add to him with more speed in the backs and not old over the hill backs who are due for injuries every 2 weeks like Snake, Lyon and Matai (although he has been fixed). Now we have Walker back where he won a premiership and represented Australia, Matai fully fit and ready for another year, Taufua who has improved and will also be fully fit, Uate who despite recent struggles I have a feeling he will return to his best in a rejuvenated side full of youth and stars not like Newcastle. And we have Tom Trbojevic, the best young player in the game with the world at his feet, he can have a Thurston like effect on our team and he is only 19!. And DCE who will now have a proper 6 beside him will be able to do more running and that's his best attribute along with his long kicking game. Our forwards are guns with age on their side, Jake and Jamie leading, Kapow and Lussick smashing people and making massive run stats. Parcell and Koroisau destroying teams with their speed and imagination from dummy half and hitting hard in defence. And our young bench with Meehan, AFB, Lane and others to choose from. Our side is a very good and the only way I see us missing the 8 is if we try something stupid again like Walker at 6 or our injures hit again like 2015 and 2016.

That's why I put the ** next to and before his name. It's a rumour for now but he may indeed come IMO, the Warriors will be short on cash if Foran is signed and a apparently a Warriors legend has called for both he and Vatuvei to be released.
Matulino was asked on instagram about the rumour of a move to Manly and he wrote "lol no".

Matulino was asked on instagram about the rumour of a move to Manly and he wrote "lol no".
A rumour is a rumour, yet they still always deny. We'll have to wait and find out because if they signed Foran he or another warrior would be gone. The rumour was on the radio as well I believe but once again only time will tell, hopefully he will come I wouldnt care how we'd get him ;)

Love the optimism, but it's not optimism its reality. Now we have Green a quality 5/8 and with loads of experience playing alongside one of the great halves. He wasn't turned into a good player by Bellamy if you actually follow the superleague you'd have watched him and realise he is NRL quality he wasn't smashing teams single handed. Add to him with more speed in the backs and not old over the hill backs who are due for injuries every 2 weeks like Snake, Lyon and Matai (although he has been fixed). Now we have Walker back where he won a premiership and represented Australia, Matai fully fit and ready for another year, Taufua who has improved and will also be fully fit, Uate who despite recent struggles I have a feeling he will return to his best in a rejuvenated side full of youth and stars not like Newcastle. And we have Tom Trbojevic, the best young player in the game with the world at his feet, he can have a Thurston like effect on our team and he is only 19!. And DCE who will now have a proper 6 beside him will be able to do more running and that's his best attribute along with his long kicking game. Our forwards are guns with age on their side, Jake and Jamie leading, Kapow and Lussick smashing people and making massive run stats. Parcell and Koroisau destroying teams with their speed and imagination from dummy half and hitting hard in defence. And our young bench with Meehan, AFB, Lane and others to choose from. Our side is a very good and the only way I see us missing the 8 is if we try something stupid again like Walker at 6 or our injures hit again like 2015 and 2016.
Oh Green is huge for us, agree with everything you said and to me if we miss the top 6 I would be disappointed, one of the best squads in the comp put together in two years with some terrible signings in Brown, Wright (somewhat decent at times) and Myles and some good signings in what I think will look like at the end of 2017, Marty Tapau, Darcy Lussick (felt like he never left), Blake Green, Meehan, Uate (hopefully, anyone can lift/refind their form next to the players we've got), Parcell, Api (good backup IMO), AFB and Matulino who i still believe we will sign.

The 'Riff will be the team to beat in 2017. They suffered a lot of injuries, like us, this season yet had the depth to still field a top side. They should peak next year.
Unfortunately I can't see us being a threat. Where are our great players? No Lyon, Stewarts, Dropnaugh, Foran who brought us such glory, and if Matai plays then he can't possibly be near to his best.
We have two potential greats - the Turbo Brothers - and DCE if he can regain his form, but the supporting players are solid but not spectacular.

The 'Riff will be the team to beat in 2017. They suffered a lot of injuries, like us, this season yet had the depth to still field a top side. They should peak next year.
Unfortunately I can't see us being a threat. Where are our great players? No Lyon, Stewarts, Dropnaugh, Foran who brought us such glory, and if Matai plays then he can't possibly be near to his best.
We have two potential greats - the Turbo Brothers - and DCE if he can regain his form, but the supporting players are solid but not spectacular.

I'm thinking Skivy will have a great year after his repairs

You can add Marty Tapau and probably Dylan Walker to that list, gotta love Darcy Lussick too, he knows how to do things the manly way and I'd say he would be the one to guide our forwards back to the "glory times". I'm getting excited for next season, it is sure to be interesting

Agreed - plus add Canberra - Both will be up there for a fair while.

We won't be a threat to the Premiership, but ( depending on what other signings if any are still to come) we should do better in 2017 than we did in 2016 simply with the aquisition of a proper 5/8.

At this stage I'd suggest pushing for a spot in the 8, but depending on further signings that could be into the 8.

2018 could be the year we do much better , def no legends costing 1.2 million left, and with an increase in the cap we should have some decent dollars to chase a few bigger names.

We won't be a threat to the Premiership, but ( depending on what other signings if any are still to come) we should do better in 2017 than we did in 2016 simply with the aquisition of a proper 5/8.

At this stage I'd suggest pushing for a spot in the 8, but depending on further signings that could be into the 8.

2018 could be the year we do much better , def no legends costing 1.2 million left, and with an increase in the cap we should have some decent dollars to chase a few bigger names.
I don't think we will be a premiership threat as well but I just have a gut feeling that the top 5 is our destination. Its just whether the players we've got (one of the best squads IMO) bind together as a team or play as individuals, that is ultimately the main part of 2017, getting these players to play together and to play for eachover

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6