Costigan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can't compare attempted tries during games to head butts after the game while shaking hands.

tackling is part of the game, of course you will see more 'attempts' at that, compared to the headbutt that Costigan dished out, which was filth.

The rest of your argument is just strange, is pretty hard to mistake a head lurching forward for a handshake isnt it. he thought about doing it, and then did it, end of story

I agree that it shouldn't have happened and was the act of a germ (why do you think the bongos flicked him). It is not the sort of thing our game needs nowdays.

I am getting sick of these players having a whinge to the media about onfield incidents though.

Is 'attempt' the problem. I've seen some attempted swinging arms in tackles that haven't been adjudicated on. I've seen many attempted tries that haven't been paid. They'll be penalizing thoughts soon. \"He thought about punching me sir\" he cried. C'mon, lets adjudicate on something that can be seen to have occured, not atempted.

Theres a thread over at MSE about yobbos and offensive behaviour. Go join that. Should be right up your alley.

Thanks Jatz. What I'm saying is that even Sooky Roberts said Costigan's head just grazed his. Jeez you'd think he'd slagged of his 6 year old daughter or something.. It's a tough game, toughen up and leave the whinging on the field.

who cares if it just grazed him or not ? the intent was there, he just is too much of a dropkick to land it.

If someone tried to run you over, but you just avoided it, is that ok ?

My point is that the game was over, and that's the part of the game where you shake hands, forget that you hated those other 17 blokes for the previous 80 minutes etc.

Costigan can't do that. He's a grub. He deserves to miss a week or two of footy just for being a c*nt.

Thanks Jatz. What I'm saying is that even Sooky Roberts said Costigan's head just grazed his. Jeez you'd think he'd slagged of his 6 year old daughter or something.. It's a tough game, toughen up and leave the whinging on the field.

Toughness is an integral part of the game and im all for it. I also agree with leaving things on the field.

However, to headbutt (attempted or not) another player after the game has ended, whilst cowering under the disguise of the tradition of thanking the opposition for the contest is a gutless & despicable act. Costigan has no character and his behaviour is that of a thug.

It would be a shame if you dont end up recognising this plain & simple fact.

[quote author=willstyles]

My point is that the game was over, and that's the part of the game where you shake hands, forget that you hated those other 17 blokes for the previous 80 minutes etc.
Exactly

Costigan can't do that. He's a grub. He deserves to miss a week or two of footy just for being a c*nt.
Deserves to miss the rest of his career

[quote author=willstyles]

Costigan was flicked from the Broncos for one too many off-field 'incidents'. The most famous was one in which he allegedly played tag-team with a team-mate who was initimately involved with a football groupie. The team-mate went to the loo and he is alleged to have taken his place with the lady without letting her know!!!

Costigan was flicked from the Broncos for one too many off-field 'incidents'. The most famous was one in which he allegedly played tag-team with a team-mate who was initimately involved with a football groupie. The team-mate went to the loo and he is alleged to have taken his place with the lady without letting her know!!!

8| 8|

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4