Costigan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Did anybody else see that footage of him head butting Amos Roberts after the match on Monday night? It happened while all the players were shaking hands after the game. :doh:

Bit gutless to do it when you are supposed to be shaking hands, but geez, if your going to headbutt someone at least do it properly :roll: . He also bitchslapped Anasta earlier in the game :lol:

he wasn't shaking amos roberts hand. Roberts was talking with another bloke, costigan walked up between them and head butted him right on the forehead. Looked pretty bad I must say. Didn't knock him over or anything but was very unsportsmanlike.

I don't reckon he even connected. Still the intent was there and not what we want in the game nowdays.

Amos reckons there was contact

Of course the pretty boy reckons it connected- takes the focus off another abysmal performance by the rorters.

There is a difference between "connecting" and connecting.

Apparently a headbutt after the game is ok. Its not the player who did it fault and as if you'd even have a problem unless you knocked the blokes head off?????

Costigan is a ****wit... always has been probably always will be. Has too much niggle in his game.

Slapped Anasta across the face for no apparent reason and then the headbutt.. i don't think it connected either at least that's what it looks like.... if there's was it was minimal.

Costigan is a germ. Nothing more, nothing less.

Decent talent though, and if he got the niggle and bullsh*t out of his game he'd be known as one of the most fearsome tacklers in the comp (he can put mega-hits on), but he never will. So he will always be known as a germ.

[quote author=nodd]
I don't reckon he even connected. Still the intent was there and not what we want in the game nowdays.

Flip, Jatz. Please read again.

[/quote]

Nodd, I think you might mean...Flip, Fluffy

[quote author=nodd]
[quote author=nodd]

Flip, Jatz. Please read again.

[/quote]

Nodd, I think you might mean...Flip, Fluffy
[/quote]

apologies Jatz :blush:

Who'se to say it really happened? The pic in the paper has about four persons in that group and there's maybe more to this story . Roberts leaks tries and it could just be crap.

...there is footage of it that they've been showing on the news.

It clearly happened, Costigan clearly made an attempted headbutt. It's dodgy footage, and you can't tell if he connected, but the attempt clearly happened.

IRATE Roosters star Amos Roberts last night accused Raiders bad-boy Neville Costigan of headbutting him while they were shaking hands after the game.
In a bitter aftermath to Monday night football, Roberts called it a "dog act" and demanded the NRL investigate the incident.
"He thinks he is a hardman and walked in between me and another player and headbutted me on the forehead," Roberts said.
"It was a dog act – he just walked up and did it like a dog."
The post-game incident was not broadcast by Fox Sports but footage obtained by The Daily Telegraph yesterday shows Costigan confronting Roberts after fulltime at Canberra Stadium. The Raiders last night refused to comment on the skirmish, while the Roosters said they would leave the matter with the NRL.
The NRL match review committee will today review the footage and has the power to charge Costigan even if the Roosters do not make a complaint.
Roberts said he and Costigan became
involved in slanging match when Canberra captain Alan Tongue slotted a field goal in the dying minutes of the match.
Roberts claims the Raiders hitman asked him where his dinner suit was, in reference to an article published in The Sunday Telegraph at the weekend, which inferred the Roosters were a bunch of party boys.
"I came in to close a play down at the end of the match," Roberts said.
"And being the big loud mouth (Costigan) is, he started going on at me about a dinner suit.
"I told him he played like a seven-year-old, running on the edges. A bit of talk went on but he was the one doing all the trash talking.
"He just kept on going on about the dinner suit and other s..t."
As players shook hands at the conclusion of the match, Roberts claimed Costigan approached him and lashed out with a headbutt.
"We had a few more words," Roberts said. "Then he headbutted me on the forehead. It was a dog act but it didn't hurt, just a fairy tap, but I was far from impressed."Roberts said he may have retaliated but was blocked by a Raiders player.
"The big man just kept on walking," Roberts said.
"There was a guy in front of me. I wish he hadn't of walked in front. It will be a nice round two when we play them again."
Roberts said Costigan should be charged by the NRL judiciary and yesterday asked Roosters management to pursue the matter.
"I was filthy at it," the 27-year-old winger said. "I asked the officials at our club if they can get some footage of it. He should be charged."

Is 'attempt' the problem. I've seen some attempted swinging arms in tackles that haven't been adjudicated on. I've seen many attempted tries that haven't been paid. They'll be penalizing thoughts soon. "He thought about punching me sir" he cried. C'mon, lets adjudicate on something that can be seen to have occured, not atempted.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4