Cornish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This guy needs his own thread, because he is our last great hope of salvaging something from the impending wreckage of 2016. This guy is a better prospect than Elgey IMO, because he doesn't run with his chin glued to the bottom of his neck (in case some of you haven't noticed, Elgey has a peculiar running style haha).

Im the serious stakes however, this kid has all the skills. He played in the 7 along side Brooks who wore 6 in the NSW under 20's which also contained Clinton Gutherson at 1; come on Clint, get in this guys ear. He is young and you can build a team around a young half. He is not Sandow or Hodkinson, so he has that going for him too. Canberra had high hopes for this kid, but with Stuart at the helm, his confidence has probably taken a shot, but he can find it again at Manly.

My team for next year looks like this;

Snake
Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Taufua

Lyon
Cornish

Myles
Ballin
Jake Trbojevic
Sika Manu
Symonds
Buhrer

Mateo
Lawrence
Lui
McInnes

I think we should look at Albert Kelly as well, because he can cover a few positions, and the chances of Cornish and Lyon remaining fit for the duration of the season are slim.

I like Lyon at 6. He's got 2 years left I. Him there and can guide the young half. Also like the rest of your list

I am from Canberra & have watched every one of his 1st grade games. He was supposed to be the next big thing, the next Ricky Stuart. He seems over coached & lost that instinctive approach. He looked very ordinary in most games, so I am not a fan.
That could be simply because of sticky he seems like a coach that not everyone can respond to, to be honest he seems like a real toss, real sad sack came across in the media after the win over souffs as a real wanker....just strange.

I agree Cornish looks the least bad option but he is certainly not world class. With Tom T he is first grade from now on.

Can anyone who knows about our ressies shed any light on how Rudolph is going this year?. Was NYC leading pointsscorer for the Tigers 2012 NYC Premiership side ( but didn't make the NYC Team of the Year! ) and had good wraps when he came to us but then again so did Chee-Kam.
He was bought to be back up to Foz but obviously hasn't kicked on, I saw he was playing in the centres for ressies a few weeks back so that might answer my questions.
Anyone got any thoughts on him for the future, is he a chance for next year?
How does he compare with Cornish apart from being the same age.

I've been more impressed with Blake Austin. The guy is on fire this year. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Blake Austin. I'm telling you he ****s all over anything foran has dished out in 2 years. Pretty sure he's of contract.

Blake Austin. I'm telling you he ****s all over anything foran has dished out in 2 years. Pretty sure he's of contract.
He signed a 3 year deal with the Raiders stating this year, after leaving the Tigers at the end of last season.

Agree 100%, if you good enough your old enough. No point holding back players that are clearly 1st graders.
Brad Fittler, Israil Folau, Andrew Johns just a few players that have debut in there teens...

Brett Stewart....

Lets give the kid a new home. He wasn't completely out of place in the top grade when he has had a chance. A game here and there is never easy, just ask Ben Hunt. We can do way way worse then give this kid a go. That dosen't mean he has to be our first choice half. But **** we would be mad not to have him in our squad.

Im a fan of cornish. Has alot of potential which is being wasted under sticky.

Would like to see him at manly being coached under tooves and joey.

Lets give the kid a new home. He wasn't completely out of place in the top grade when he has had a chance. A game here and there is never easy, just ask Ben Hunt. We can do way way worse then give this kid a go. That dosen't mean he has to be our first choice half. But **** we would be mad not to have him in our squad.
With Joey and Tooves I think he could get a lot better. In saying that, wouldn't want to be paying to much for him

I
Can anyone who knows about our ressies shed any light on how Rudolph is going this year?. Was NYC leading pointsscorer for the Tigers 2012 NYC Premiership side ( but didn't make the NYC Team of the Year! ) and had good wraps when he came to us but then again so did Chee-Kam.

How does he compare with Cornish apart from being the same age.

I can tell you Kurt Aldridge a new hooker had the jump on him in the halves at the start of the year. Now that Hodges has been playing up, Aldridge has moved back to the nine and Rudolph is back in the 7. Just can't comment how Rudolph has gone since being back in the halves.

I don't mind Rudoph but it is a big jump from not being a stand out in NSW cup to playing NRL. Toov's is quoted as suggesting that Lyon could play in the halves next year but more importantly that the club isn't looking at promoting from within. You would think Littlejohn would have been the guy most likely if someone who has coached Willow was to be given and chance.

Sample size is too small to know for sure whether he is up to first grade or not. I actually thought he was OK in a few games earlier this year, at least he looked to be improving from last season which is what you want to see. I don't care who we get really from this point, I just want to see us get our next target and left dancing with the last girl at the ball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6