Congratulations to the Roosters, 2013 Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watto1972 said:
marooned said:
The Chooks deserved to win despite the refereeing blunders. We can't expect to win a premiership with the soft defense we showed in the second half.
Absolute crap. The soft defence was because we were forced to make extra tackles and use up extra energy in the 1st half that we shouldn't have had to make. These extra tackles were a direct result of refereeing incompetence.

any side that only completes 63% of sets doesn't deserve to win. They didn't respect the pill and the only reason they kept getting it back was on the back of the refs.

I acknowledge that they won. Not in the mood for congratulating them. My neighbours across the road have chickens and I want to put a Sea Eagle in the pen and watch it rip the chooks to pieces.:p
Luckily I don't have a live Sea Eagle handy and I respect animals so I wouldn't really want to shred the little cluckers.
Maybe if I obtain a live Sea Eagle I'll put in a closed glass shower recess with Shane Hayne.

simon64 said:
I don't think you could deny they have been the most consistent side all year and deserve their win.

But what we achieved for a side that was, from all reports, "too old and probably won't make the 8" was phenomenal.

I have to agree with those raising eyebrows at their additions this year. Maybe O'Donnell accepted less to come home, but there is no way Money Bill, Jennings and Moloney aren't on decent coin. If they sign Ferguson, I'll give it away.

Can you imagine if this HGH thing comes to be ? Man there will be some blow ups of monumental proportions.

But all things said, they are the only team that would have fought back from 10 down.

I'd say Penrith is still paying a portion of Jenning's contract, and O'Donnell at the tailend of his career, so apart from the addition of SBW and Maloney, there haven't been any major additions, it's just that they were well coached and played at their best all year and just seemed to have the wood on us all season, first time we have probably lost four times to any team in one season

Yes, congrats to the Rooters for a remarkable season. Undefeated in the finals series and clearly the best defensive team in the comp.

Fans should be celebrating for as long as they can. IMO, they probably wont make the 8 next year. SBW will be in a Chiefs uniform and every one of the 15 other teams will give 100% in trying to knock off the Premiers.

Well done Roosters. put together a good team and took their chances!

Watto1972 said:
I won't be congratulating them.

Watto1972 said:
marooned said:
The Chooks deserved to win despite the refereeing blunders. We can't expect to win a premiership with the soft defense we showed in the second half.
Absolute crap. The soft defence was because we were forced to make extra tackles and use up extra energy in the 1st half that we shouldn't have had to make. These extra tackles were a direct result of refereeing incompetence.

DNA said:
Thanks Manly for a memorable grand final. Thanks for beating Souths. Love watching your team play. Sorry it wasn't your day but you win the comp every 2 years whereas for us we've waited 11 years.

I'm sorry but I'm just not going to congratulate the Roosters any time soon. Maybe never. Remember how Manly lost the 2007 GF to the Storm but returned and won the comp in 2008. It was three years later in 2011 that we returned as comp winners. Well guess what Manly fans? We may have lost last years GF to the Roosters :mad: BUT :) it's exactly three years since our 2011 GF win. It's time to take the premiership title right back from the Roosters!!! I think every three years we'll be receiving the title. :angel:

Gee I'm glad I woke up and this friggen thread was bumped!

*understand the irony of posting in it. Hoping you understand as 3rd tread down, posting doesn't change it too much - too much explaining....ref cheated!

Had the Ref blown the whistle, the Roosters players would've stopped.
I don't blame them, I blame Referee Shayne Hayne for a lousy game, but that was '13, & this is season '14.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2