Congratulations to Technical Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As soon as he got frustrated the game was outs. He started trying to pull stupid **** and couldn't keep his head in the game

Come on people i've been saying for 5yrs Thurston is over-rated and that the Cowboys will not win a GF relying on this so called "best player in the game" and all i get is a little recognition with three replies lol.

This is not the Daily Telegraph where you get away with a few chosen lines at the bottom of the least interesting page when retracting a comment or making an appology----i want this thread bumped bumped bumped hehehe.(i could care less)

For being called a "Nut" in relation to this specific opinion for half a decade i can now finally move on and ease up on the meds.

But in all seriousness JT has improved quite a bit this year and should have been at this level 3-4yrs ago.

Nice comments though and allows this Keyboard Coach to have some breathing space before the next barrage of "nut" comments come flooding in and i have to up my doses again.

Technical Coach said:
Come on people i've been saying for 5yrs Thurston is over-rated and that the Cowboys will not win a GF relying on this so called "best player in the game" and all i get is a little recognition with three replies lol.

This is not the Daily Telegraph where you get away with a few chosen lines at the bottom of the least interesting page when retracting a comment or making an appology----i want this thread bumped bumped bumped hehehe.(i could care less)

For being called a "Nut" in relation to this specific opinion for half a decade i can now finally move on and ease up on the meds.

But in all seriousness JT has improved quite a bit this year and should have been at this level 3-4yrs ago.

Nice comments though and allows this Keyboard Coach to have some breathing space before the next barrage of "nut" comments come flooding in and i have to up my doses again.

It's because we dont know who you are and you've only given 3 'likes.'

That's right, we're that fickle!

Nah, good stuff. Always interesting to read your insights. Very interesting actually.

So in the interests of not getting you to up your meds...

BUMP!!

What's with the matyr act?

Everyone I know that isn't an moron (i.e. everyone but NRL commentators, journalists, cowboys and bulldogs fans) agrees that Thurston is good but overrated and goes missing when it matters.

I thought they all went missing last night, except Hall and Tamou. We strangled them out of it.

ads said:
What's with the matyr act?

Everyone I know that isn't an moron (i.e. everyone but NRL commentators, journalists, cowboys and bulldogs fans) agrees that Thurston is good but overrated and goes missing when it matters.

I've went further than "Over-rated" in past comments about the level i think he plays at. I don't even consider Thurston (good, great, brilliant etc etc) in any way and just an average player who competes hard.

Do you really think i'm that self-deluded to think i'm the only the person who feels this way---i actually thought more would feel the same way when i initially made my comments years ago.

When you go through the list of the key skill sets that make a great player and rate them out of 10 he really is just a good average player with a strong will to win.

The absolute best analysis was the stats guy on ABC Grandstand who had the Cows winning by 24+

Nice theory. And name a single coach in the NRL who wouldn't love to have Thurston in their side, excluding the price tag.

He is a good player with great skills but he has a tendency to drop his bundle when things don't go his way. I blame his coach to be honest. A good coach would have got him in the right frame of mind and they could have won the game. Lucky for us that didn't happen....

Rex said:
Nice theory. And name a single coach in the NRL who wouldn't love to have Thurston in their side, excluding the price tag.

What you should be asking is "if you had the choice of any half or 5/8 would most coaches pick Thurston"----the smart ones would seek other alternatives that offer more at a lower price point----he would not even register in the top 10 with the top 3-4 coaches.

Yes most coaches would "add" Thurston to their squads but your not going to build a premiership winning squad based around Thurston.

Thurston will command big dollars from the bottom 8 teams as a way to generate hype and to break into the top 8 on a more consistent basis.

These type of over hyped players actually earn more than the cream of the crop on the odd occasion due to the bottom 8 teams paying overs.

Who else is on your overated / overhyped list TC ? Just so we can be crystal clear for future beating of one's own drum.

Given the quality of Queensland halfbacks of late, some very good judges might argue otherwise regarding Thurston, seeing as they have had him regularly ahead of players like Cronk and Prince. Unless of course those two are equally as over hyped.

I can't agree that he doesn't have a reasonable skill set. His problem is that he might have a will to win but he deosn't have the mental strength to make it happen. He's a choker.

TBH ive always thought thurston was over-rated big time, when he was playing in the number 7 everyone rated him the best in the world wereas i was argueing cronk is a better number 7. Cronk is the complete package,good organiser, good passing & running game, BEST long & short kicking game and a cool head in big games, you rarely see him make mistakes.

Thurston is easily a Top 5 player. He's had very little help other than Bowen at the Cowboys, so the whole focus of shutting the Cowboys down is shutting Thurston down. If this Michael Morgan kid steps up next year, it will just make Thurston even better. Combined with 2 decent props, good forward pack, and backs with another year together, Cowboys will probably win the comp next year.

The key is to find a halfback to complement Thurston.

Cowboys backrow is over rated as well. Hall average, Dallas average, Cooper average.

Truth be known a massive part of Thurstons inability was missing the underrated Payne at hooker. The service from Segeyaro & Mitchell was far from the fluent crisp combination Payne & Thurston have developed imo.
Thurston did implode after what he felt were dubious calls but many star players have done the same including Andrew Johns.
Anyone who thinks Thurston is not worthy of leading a side to a GF victory needs to have a think. Would Manly have won in 2008/2011 with Thurston at 5/8 - I say yes & just maybe another in 2007.

TC, would like to see your analysis of the 4 remaining teams left in the comp and their abilities to take out the premiership for 2012?

I agree that Thurston's over rated - like NFN2IT I think Cronk is better. But also agree with others - he's still a very good player, but can over play the situation at times and try to force things when the pressure is on.

Also think the "no.1" billing has gone to his head - its funny to watch the blow ups anytime a decision goes against him. Such as the rare occasion that a ref actually calls him on one of his frequent forward passes!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4