Congrats to Gutherson & Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 18’s v QLD Under 18’s at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday 13 June 2012 prior to Game Two of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.

PLAYER - CLUB

Clinton Gutherson – Manly Sea Eagles
Alex Johnston – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Aaron Gray – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Richard Kennar – Melbourne Storm
Tyrone Phillips – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Mitchell Moses – Balmain Tigers
Shannon Crook – Illawarra Steelers
Frazer Masinamua – Parramatta Eels
Manaia Cherrington - Balmain Tigers
Jake Trbojevic – Manly Sea Eagles
Kelepi Tanginoa – Parramatta Eels
Danny Fualalo – Canterbury Bulldogs
Dean Britt – Melbourne Storm
Bryce Cartwright – Penrith Panthers
Pauli Pauli – Parramatta Eels
Andrew Chard – Illawarra Steelers
Matthew Lodge – Penrith Panthers

COACH: Garth Brennan – Penrith Panthers
MANAGER: Bob Jones – Sydney Roosters
TRAINER: Leigh Woodbridge – Canberra Raiders
TRAINER: Steve Vidot – Newcastle Knights
PHYSIO/TRAINER: Louisa Cutler – Sydney Roosters
WELFARE OFFICER: Tom Simpson – South Sydney Rabbitohs

Manly young guns to play U18 Origin

Monday 4 June 2012 12:18 PM

The Sea Eagles will have two more stars in blue at Orgin II, with Toyota Cup players Clinton Gutherson and Jake Trbojevic selected to represent NSW Under 18s.

Gutherson and Trbojevic will play for the Junior Blues in U18s Origin at ANZ Stadium, the curtain-raiser to State of Origin II.

Gutherson, who plays at fullback, and Trbojevic, who plays prop, starred in the Sea Eagles SG Ball side earlier this year before making the step up to Toyota Cup.

Both have come through the Sea Eagles development program and the club sees plenty of first grade potential in the pair, having recently signed both players until the end of 2014.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Manly-young-guns-to-play-U18-Origin/56430

Not really important, but I noticed the Manager, the trainers and physio represent clubs who don't have 1 player selected. Would have thought those type of roles where its beneficial to know the player that those roles would be filled by clubs who have the most representatives.

Rambo1987 said:
The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 18’s v QLD Under 18’s at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday 13 June 2012 prior to Game Two of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.

PLAYER - CLUB

Clinton Gutherson – Manly Sea Eagles
Alex Johnston – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Aaron Gray – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Richard Kennar – Melbourne Storm
Tyrone Phillips – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Mitchell Moses – Balmain Tigers
Shannon Crook – Illawarra Steelers
Frazer Masinamua – Parramatta Eels
Manaia Cherrington - Balmain Tigers
Jake Trbojevic – Manly Sea Eagles
Kelepi Tanginoa – Parramatta Eels
Danny Fualalo – Canterbury Bulldogs
Dean Britt – Melbourne Storm
Bryce Cartwright – Penrith Panthers
Pauli Pauli – Parramatta Eels
Andrew Chard – Illawarra Steelers
Matthew Lodge – Penrith Panthers

COACH: Garth Brennan – Penrith Panthers
MANAGER: Bob Jones – Sydney Roosters
TRAINER: Leigh Woodbridge – Canberra Raiders
TRAINER: Steve Vidot – Newcastle Knights
PHYSIO/TRAINER: Louisa Cutler – Sydney Roosters
WELFARE OFFICER: Tom Simpson – South Sydney Rabbitohs
Pauli Pauli has to be related to fui fui ;)

These two boys are our future stars.
I think Gutherson will start his first grade career on the wing and will move to fullback once Brett retires

Was Gutherson playing fullback in the Toyota Cup against Illawarra on Friday night?
I hope not. The fullback couldn't tackle.

The Who said:
Was Gutherson playing fullback in the Toyota Cup against Illawarra on Friday night?
I hope not. The fullback couldn't tackle.

Nah I think that was busby. I think he was playing for sydney reps. Napper will know.

I dont think Gutherson has played the last 2 weeks in 20's. Jake Busby was listed to play against the Dragons so im assuming it was him.

So they're both signed till 2014. I assume then they will be dogs after 2014.

Hate to tell you this guys but Gutherson was on the field against the Dragons for at least the second half. He was in number 20 even though he wasn't listed in the side earlier.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for one missed tackle where he chased hard but the bloke had too much speed. 10 mins later he had a poor miss when the dragons players stepped and beat a couple and Gutherson had a good shot on him but made a tired grab. He has plenty of talent but I do think people need to rein in their predictions of when he will make 1st grade. Let's just give him some time to toughen up a bit and see how he goes in u20s next year.

After some improved performances against top sides in recent weeks the u20s looked very tired this week. The dragons were only 13th but ran away with the game. Manly really struggles to play the 80 mins out which probably comes back in part to their age. They look like they need the bye as much as the 1st grade team does.

Also;
I did notice that he was still talking it up to the team as they (all to often) ran back for the kickoff towards the end of the match. That to me showed some character and maturity in a 17 yr old.

Oh no. Then that was Gutherson I saw miss those two terrible tackles.
It's disappointing, based on all the wraps he has received.

A 17 year old is allowed a bad game here and there geez. He is only 17 he will find more consitency in his game no doubt as he grows and gets older. The talent is there so there is plenty to work with !

Haz88 said:
A 17 year old is allowed a bad game here and there geez. He is only 17

Yes. But if you saw those misses you'd too wonder if he is just an attacking player.

The Who said:
Haz88 said:
A 17 year old is allowed a bad game here and there geez. He is only 17

Yes. But if you saw those misses you'd too wonder if he is just an attacking player.

Ahh ok then fair enough , must of been ordinary. That part of his game may need some work. Im sure Snake will be there to lend a hand down the track well i hope so anyway , his defence at the back is awsome. Gutherson could learn plenty off Snake in both areas

He's not even allowed to SNIFF first grade until he's 20 anyways guys. New NRL rule I believe.

Yeah Gutherson was at FB in the 20 as someone said.

Natoli the hooker was unlucky not to get a run in the NSW squad Brilliant player.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6