• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
i know the refereeing was disgraceful but where has grit that des haslers manly has been famous for in the last few years gone.im really confused.we still have core group of seasoned campaigners with gf experience yet we seem like rabbits in the headlights for some reason.possession square ups are part of game yet we seem to concentrate solely on preserving our lead.one more try and they dont win.the comparison to the way storm goes about its business is stark.

parra was a disgraceful rabble for 60 minutes today and were there for the taking.

on a postive note i thought matt cross showed enough today.he may form a great prop bench with porky rose.perry needs a reserve grade stint.kite,ballin,stewart,williams,foran,hodkinson and lyon good in patches but we folded when it counted.was very disaapointed in robbos positional play for last try.

tough year ahead.very strange stuff!!!

Todays team looked a lot better in areas than last week.

William and lyon as a combo looked better in defence.

Hoddo seems to lead us around.

Choc was quiet

very unhappy with the result but can see long term futures in some of our younger guys

susan ridgepipe link said:
i know the refereeing was disgraceful but where has grit that des haslers manly has been famous for in the last few years gone.im really confused.we still have core group of seasoned campaigners with gf experience yet we seem like rabbits in the headlights for some reason.possession square ups are part of game yet we seem to concentrate solely on preserving our lead.one more try and they dont win.the comparison to the way storm goes about its business is stark.

parra was a disgraceful rabble for 60 minutes today and were there for the taking.

on a postive note i thought matt cross showed enough today.he may form a great prop bench with porky rose.perry needs a reserve grade stint.kite,ballin,stewart,williams,foran,hodkinson and lyon good in patches but we folded when it counted.was very disaapointed in robbos positional play for last try.

tough year ahead.very strange stuff!!!

The old stagers have lost the hunger for anither premiership as ost of them are happy with one. 

Perry should go as he is awful.  Would rather Cross in the side when Rose returns. 

Watmough seems to going though the motion this year and was dreadful today with his usual two dropped balls and giving away a vital penalty for hitting the dummy half's hand as he was passing the ball.  IO am sick of his brain explasions as he does them game after game.

Robbo looks tired these days and doesn't have any spark or ability to break the line.

Seu Seu is not a first gade player and we have lost both games in the last 20 minutes when Ballin goes off.  Des needs to keep Ballin on for 80 minutes and have a ultity player on the bench. 

King is also not doing a lot this year (some would say he never has).

Not sure the exact reason but I think that it is something to do with the ball having to clear the ruck area. 

I think it was Choc being offside/not on the line when the ball was played.  One angle had him standing next to the ballplayer and that's when he stuck his hand out.

That was a fair penalty I think. Look it is obvious we got beat by a terrible ref error, but Des's job is to coach his team to not blow huge leads. The weather conditions today were crazy, match should not have been at 2pm.
Bottom line - our team is showing quite a lot, needs to improve in closing out games. Clearly as Hodko & Foran get more experience they will improve in taking control in those situations. By year's end we will be a lot more formidable.

I thought we showed some grit when we held them out when they had four or five consecutive sets on our line (the Choc penalty was a bit of a strange one, as was the one for diving on the ball when Mortimer kicked it through - shades of Matt Orford at the Gold Coast last year). And we followed that up with an absolutely great set in attack, with T-Rex and the other backs making good charges from dummy half. We even managed a great fifth-tackle kick which held up right in the Parra in goal. The only thing that went wrong was that Hayne then got the ball and Tahu scored a try. It was all downhill from there, but I don't think it was due to lack of grit.

bhot link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=182747.msg255860#msg255860 date=1269151098]

what is illegal about hitting the dummy halfs hands?

good point. Didn't Glen Stewart do it in the 2008 GF?
[/quote]

I thought the same thing when choc got pulled up for it.

susan ridgepipe link said:
i know the refereeing was disgraceful but where has grit that des haslers manly has been famous for in the last few years gone.
Many people including the bookies didn't think we'd get anywhere near the Eels. The team showed tremendous grit and did enough to win the game. I'm counting on them to continue to show that despite the disappointment.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=bhot link=topic=182747.msg255863#msg255863 date=1269151419]

[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=182747.msg255860#msg255860 date=1269151098]

what is illegal about hitting the dummy halfs hands?

good point. Didn't Glen Stewart do it in the 2008 GF?
[/quote]

I thought the same thing when choc got pulled up for it.
[/quote]

It's a bull****, cop-out ruling but they've been doing it since the start of 2009. If you're a dummy-half, you need to get the ball out quickly. If you're doing it too slowly and someone can get their hand on your arm, then you deserve to either lose possession or interrupt your attack. But that's not how they rule it anymore so it is pretty daft to even attempt it these days.

At the moment I think there are only two people in the NRL who still do it: Choc and Mick Ennis. And they get penalised for it every bloody time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7