1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirmed - Bird signs with Titans

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Yeah, I couldn't really care less either. Good for the GC as Rogers is better in the centres anyway.

Galloping Goose wants his two-bobs worth as well. My guess? - nothing will be done at all.

"NRL chief executive David Gallop says Greg Bird's contract with the Gold Coast Titans will be examined to make sure the club polices his off-field behaviour.

The former Test and New South Wales representative has signed a one-year deal with the club with another three one-year options.

Bird has made headlines off the field for all the wrong reasons in the past and Gallop says the Titans will need to ensure it does not happen again.

"We understand there are measures in place to monitor his behaviour," he said.

"It's only a one-year deal with some rolling options. The Titans have assured us that they're going to use their code of conduct strictly and obviously there's an obligation on them to do that.

"They've got a reputation to protect as a club and they've put measures in place to make sure that reputation is protected as much as they can do."

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Do you reckon he will play 5/8 or lock ?

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    the NRL have added a stipulation that all alcohol at GC functions be in plastic cups

4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    This is Good news for the NSW SOO team IMHO.

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    zep better news would be if he glassed Bellamy.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    You mean if he prevented Bellamy from glassing him ???

7. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    LoL. And yes Fro i agree. Still a classy football player who would get us closer to winner a Series.

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    hes a grub, pure and simple.

Gallens twin brother

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I can't wait for his first visit to Jupiters.

10. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,518 / 50
    Funny! ;