Condolances to Galuvao

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just found this article, not good at all. All the best Joe

League star devastated

KIWIS league star Joe Galuvao has lost his cousin in a tragic accident involving the retrieval of a boogie board.

"We pretty much grew up together and I am shattered for my family," Galuvao last night told Sunday News.

Ieremia Galuvao, 40, died at Ahipara, on the southern part of Ninety Mile beach, while trying to retrieve his 11-year-old son Enoka's boogie board.

The pair had been enjoying a family holiday at the Far North beach when the freak accident happened.

It's understood Ieremia was hit by waves while trying to retrieve the boogie board and became separated from it. He waved for help, but was swept out to sea.

Enoka yelled for help and two teenager kayakers came to his rescue.

"They have gone out to try and help him (Ieremia). A set (waves) has come through and hit him. He lost the board and they didn't see him again," Constable Dion Masters of Kaitaia police said.

The teenagers came back to shore and spotted Ieremia's body being swept ashore a few minutes later. The deceased's son was deeply traumatised by the tragedy, Masters said.

"He was just a top bloke really, a family man, he loved his league and his family. He impacted a lot of lives," Joe, a premiership winning second-rower, said.

Joe, based in Sydney where he plays for the Manly Sea Eagles, last saw Ieremia, of Pakuranga, Auckland, after travelling home to New Zealand for Christmas.

"He always followed my career and watched me play.

"Whenever I was home he'd always come see me so for me and my family we are devastated," Joe said.

Richmond Rovers Rugby League head coach Alipa Solomona said Ieremia took over coaching Enoka's Under 11's team two years ago "and he loved it ever since," Solomona said. He said Ieremia was a "great guy, a real club man" and described the loss of life as "very tragic."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/news/3235281/League-star-devastated

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4