Concerts, Gigs, Bands, Music Festivals, Music Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SWR Syd Sep11: MACHINE HEAD, Van Halen, Danzig, Hatebreed, Gojira, Bad Religion, Hole, The Damned Things, Devin Townsend Project, Times Of Grace..
\m/

The off season is suddenly looking up.

Foo Fighters in December
Roger Waters in February.

Oh yea, we're going to Roger Waters on the Wed night (2nd show) @ Acer Arena Sydney on Feb - got reasonable seats in the Gold Section, 5 rows from the front in Section 7.

Stoked.

ssar said:
Oh yea, we're going to Roger Waters on the Wed night (2nd show) @ Acer Arena Sydney on Feb - got reasonable seats in the Gold Section, 5 rows from the front in Section 7.

Stoked.

So friggin' jealous! Those tickets are expensive!!! It upsets me that I'll never be able to see Pink Floyd play live.

The 'Gurge at the Manning Bar on the 13th of August.

Thinking I'm going to have to head out for this one, tickets are about $25 which is good of a band of their calibre.

bob dylan said:
Foo Fighters pre sale put off until tomorrow.

Anyone getting tickets?

Thinking about it, cash is toight - toight like a tiger - but it's not every day you get to see Dave Grohl fight Foo.

What's the price for floor tickets?

Foo Fighters + Tenacious D ticket prices as follows:

SYDNEY $130.40 & $107.55
MELBOURNE $128.70 & $106.70
GOLD COAST $131.80 & $109.80
ADELAIDE $128 & $106
PERTH $131.85 & $109.85
AUCKLAND $132.50 & $109.50

Transaction fees may apply - check with relevant ticketing agency for fees.

have tix in gold area as well with cuss cuss for waters in Feb.

Closest i will get to seeing a proper floyd show so worth it in my mind.

210 ft wide, 70 ft high, should be close to the original show

a real shame that live aid didnt convince them that they should tour together again.

I think they just hate each other too much.

Would you go and see Gilmour if he toured?

Do you prefer Waters over Gilmour?

Getting tickets to see Dropkick Murphy's to play in October (provided us with Shipping up to Boston for The Departed and some **** sport)

Wow Amy Winehouse joins quite the notable list of others dying at 27.. Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison (The Doors), Kurt Cobain (Nirvana), Robert Johnson (U.S. Blues Legend), Ron “Pigpen” McKernan (Grateful Dead), Janis Joplin, Brian Jones (Rolling Stones) & Pete de Freitas (Echo & The Bunnymen).

And whilst Amy sure had a great voice and talent early on, she did a good job of destroying that reputation in recent times.

bob dylan said:
I think they just hate each other too much.

Would you go and see Gilmour if he toured?

Do you prefer Waters over Gilmour?

i woud seriously consider it. This show is a PF show with 1 of them, the clostest i will get.

As for who do i prefer well Syd but out of the 2 its neither as both had influence through most of the good works. I love the wall and the way it flows but in general thats the latest album i regularly plays everything else prior bar ummagumma. I dont have a fav album but can never get sick of echoes for just chilling out.

bob dylan said:
Anyone off to see Cold Chisel?

Yep. Stockland Park, Kawana on the Sunshine Coast.

Old UK Punk rockers The Damned play Melb & Syd 20 & 21 Jan 2012..

http://www.metrotheatre.com.au/events/2011/01/21/the-damned

$64 + booking fee @ Sydney, I'm there.

1st CD I ever owned was Machine Gun Etiquette, 1 of several Damned CDs that sit proudly in my collection.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6