Commentators??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
I dont have a issue with any commentators. Fark me you are a bunch of whinging school girls. I just sit down and watch the game and enjoy it. Maybe you should all do the same instead of tearing up if you dont agree with what they say.

Ditto from me. I get sick of all these "woe is us" threads. Reminds me of an ex who was always insecure and had to be told every f**kin minute how wonderful she was. Do any of you doubt how good this club is? If so why would you give a sh!t how much the commentaters like us? Or anyone else for that matter.

chrisos said:
Yea we just dont get enough praise,and the love-fest at times for certain opposition players is sickening.No one likes us ,we don't care!

Sorry but that's absolute crap. We a

Will start again. Thats crap, we have been the flavour of the month for the last 6 weeks and have been getting wraps from all commentators. Our players are in hot demand and are appearing on all the footy shows.

I think some on here are getting a bit precious!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont let it get to ya!

Our team is Mooooooving along nicely. Don't need too much praise yet, still a long way to go.

Benefits will arise, come finals time :)

DSM5 said:
What I find strange is the love affair they all have with Hayne. He was thrown into touch which led to our first try, and could also have been in the second half by Robbo if he had an assist. Kicked out on the full twice, out the back innumerable times, giving us twenty metres and possession. Threw two forward passes, one for a try which was not picked up and the last one of the game. His defense was poor as well. He didn't anticipate a kick from Wolfy on the last which led to our match winning try. Poor effort, but all this seems to be overlooked by Daley and his clones.

I have to disagree,Hayne did make afew mistakes last night but he was dangerous everytime he touched the ball,constantly putting our defenders in two minds.

Daley is a merkin of the highest order and is fairly blatantly biased against Manly. Having said that, the irony of this thread popping up after last night's game is the fact that the game was dedicated to the memory of Rex Mossip. He was a brilliant caller of the game and an all round champion but he was unapologetically biased towards Manly. I think anyone who was a supporter of the game would find it difficult to eliminate personal bias from their call and I think blokes like Brandy and Sterlo in particular do a great job at just calling what is there. I do find the talk about Hayne and Marshall annoying but if you are going to watch a game with them playing you have to expect it.

Some on here like getting bent over but the point of commentary bias is a fact - dont whine from a high horse that its good just to accept it. As for what commentators say - i personally find it funny - especially with the Seaeagles success.

Ok ill throw something out there as far as bias goes.Referees would have to have a team they support,im sure most of them have an interest in the game as far as being a supporter goes.They are refs and have alot to do with the game and i'm sure there are some out there that take an interest in the game itself and perhaps even follow a particular team!

Can anyone shed any light on this,does anyone know if any particular referee supports any particular team?

An example of the point i am trying to make is for example when Australia are playing New Zealand in a world cup situation they would opt for an English referee to eliminate any possible bias that could occur if they were to use an Australian ref....

They are paid professionals

The chances of them letting their perceived support for a team impact upon their decisions is a ridiculous notion.

In fact throughout all of world sport instances of proven favoritism from referee's are minimal.

chrisos said:
danny-boy said:
chrisos said:
Can anyone shed any light on this,does anyone know if any particular referee supports any particular team?

Tony Archer goes for the Dragons.

Are you joking around? Or do u know for a fact he supports the Dragons?

The one we do know about is Steve Lyons. He's a Manly supporter and was suspended years ago for supposed bias in a game. It was a crock and he shouldn't have been but I guess if you make enough noise someone has to listen.

Jono said:
chrisos said:
danny-boy said:
chrisos said:

Tony Archer goes for the Dragons.

Are you joking around? Or do u know for a fact he supports the Dragons?

The one we do know about is Steve Lyons. He's a Manly supporter and was suspended years ago for supposed bias in a game. It was a crock and he shouldn't have been but I guess if you make enough noise someone has to listen.

I heard he was spotted on the hill wearing Manly colours. Rumours are rumours though.

Anyway, **** commentators, they're alright. It's the general public & journos that piss me off. No one likes us, I do care.
I'll challenge any supporter of any club to hate Manly as much as I hate them. We can't just sit back & cop it any longer we need to express our contempt for the scumbags, publicly.
Being a "bigger man" doesn't make you look good, it just makes them think they've got away with it.

Duff souths v manly 2003
Tedro Lyons was on the hill with a manly flag in hand

Yep have seen Tedro on the hill quite a few times with Craig "The Mechanic" Hancock former Manly winger but never with a flag.

Gavin Badger's wife/girlfriend is a Manly supporter that is why we haven't had him ref any of our games

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6