1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentator bias

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I had to pick myself off the floor listening to the commentators excuse Poore's spear tackle on Elford.  "Just one of those things" and "not much he could do about it" when the it was one of the worst examples we've seen of landing a guy on his head/neck in recent memory.  Elford was vomiting blood as they discussed it!

If there's any justice Poore will get scrubbed for 8 weeks, but put your bets on 1-2.  The Dragons can do no wrong at the moment according to some.

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It certainly looked bad.  Cap'n Benny's team are the current poster boys of the NRL so probably nothing will happen.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    missed it as for some reason i cannot get reception for channel 9 all of the sudden.

but i am not suprised by what you post

4. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    read this http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/nine-flicks-the-go-switch-and-everything-fades-to-black-20090807-echr.html most likely that is your issue with nine.

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Thanks MS but is rescanned with both power on and off on my antenna.

Am guessing someone in the block had turned on some device that interupts my signal - suprising as it is being  top floor and on the norht west side looking over homebush stadium

6. bhot

bhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I thought Ch9 was transmitted from their Willoughby antenna, not directly from the stadium. correct me if I'm wrong?

7. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i didn't think it was that bad

8. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I am developing a strong urge to kick Warren Smith in the teeth during a lot of his calls this season

9. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    KO for KE