Collingwood supporter pulled out for racist remark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I know its the wrong code, but this has been interesting.

For those who don't know, last night a collingwood supporter yelled a racist slur at adam goodes as he ran past the fence.

He turned around picked the supporter out for security and the supproter was subsequently removed from the crowd.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-community-rallies-around-adam-goodes-in-wake-of-racial-abuse-from-a-young-collingwood-fan/story-e6frf3e3-1226650266697#.UaAH3sJ--Um

Maybe she thought she was on a train.

Good on Goodes for pointing her out.

On Sunrise this morning Andrew okeefe said that he was surprised with the abuse seeing how Goodes wore a mouth guard to honor Collingwood supporters, with its missing teeth and all.

Amazing that in today's society there are still people who think its okay to racially abuse someone. Ban this girl for life and slap something on her parents too.

Yes, a bit unusual. Racism of course remains ever-present, but these days most people realise they have to be a little more subtle when openly expressing it.

What would happen if Snake pointed out the hordes yelling 'Rapist' :dodgy:
Would the Media empathise with his abuse?

Amazing that on that the Tram and now at the AFL, it was females who took out their angst in this vile way:huh:

May deter others now that they have both been shown on National TV.:blush:

We were so blessed with knowing Cliffy et al, and have a lifetime of joy, from their unique contribution to our culture :heart:

There are crap supporters for any team including our own. I went to the Melbourne Manly match Monday (alliteration much?) and I was pretty embarrassed by what surrounded me in the Manly section. Particularly one supporter constantly screaming 'poof' at Chechin when much of the country is cool with gay marriage. Sure he can seem biased toward our team, but homophobia is just plain wrong. I was also not thrilled by the bloke constantly screaming at Slater. 'how many contracts you got', 'cat', whatever his highly imaginative brain could think of. I know many of you really dislike Slater but I simply won't forget him cradling Wolfie when he hurt his neck until he could be sure he could move safely.
In contrast the players from opposition teams all seem to be quite collegiate at games end. Why does it have to be a hatefest from fans?
I know I'm not the usual supporter here but this sort of thing is why I'm more likely to watch my beloved Eagles on telly rather than be identified with the abuse of those drunken louts in my colours.

I was actually watching the Swans in part (as the RL match was so boring) and saw the incident. Good on Goodes. There are idiot supporters everywhere, including ours, but I'm sure Collingwood has the majority. To think that this was a young girl is even more surprising. Shows that our younger generation are not as tolerant as we are led to believe.

Gee, Budgewoi, you haven't been on the Brookie hill lately. Hatefests usually come from people who are really unhappy in life and so can take it out legally at the footy. Some people also live it day in and out so it consumes them 24/7.
As Brad Mackay said to me many years ago, it's just another game, I'm at work and then it's over. It's the fans who take the losses much worse than us.

Darren said:
Gee, Budgewoi, you haven't been on the Brookie hill lately. Hatefests usually come from people who are really unhappy in life and so can take it out legally at the footy. Some people also live it day in and out so it consumes them 24/7.
As Brad Mackay said to me many years ago, it's just another game, I'm at work and then it's over. It's the fans who take the losses much worse than us.

Unlike you who pretends to be a Christian but doesn't not have an ounce of compassion and runs your agendas against people you gronk.

Very sad to see it was a 13 year old girl poor kid wouldn't know any better.

Goodes was as classy as a bloke could be talking about it this today

As he said the issue is not with the kid who would not even understand what she is saying

It is the society where she has heard and learnt this

Gronk, I am a christian and have a load of compassion and work with my church with the homeless in a ministry basis on a fortnightly basis. Knowing these guys personally, they are very angry with how life has treated them. They fire up at a moments notice and I have seen similar situations of people on Brookie hill who pour out a range of language/anger without a second thought. I'm not sure how I slip in the compassion stakes because you don't know what I do.

I know the public education syllabus starts working with children from kindergarten in HSIE about tolerance and involvement in respect and harmony days etc. At 13, this girl would have had 7 years of education within this area. Whilst I don't agree with you that she wouldn't know any better I'd be surprised if any child above stage 1 (years 1 and 2) in schools today would think that comment is acceptable. I would say it is the language and role models adults/peers that surround her that has brought this on.

In terms of language, I don't ever try to embarrass anyone and call them by derogatory names that you constantly type at me. This girl is obviously around people who don't see anything wrong with treating people in this way. As we say at school, children are mirrors of their parents, good and bad and when you meet the parent, it usually is no surprise, good or bad.

Darren said:
Gronk, I am a christian and have a load of compassion and work with my church with the homeless in a ministry basis on a fortnightly basis. Knowing these guys personally, they are very angry with how life has treated them. They fire up at a moments notice and I have seen similar situations of people on Brookie hill who pour out a range of language/anger without a second thought. I'm not sure how I slip in the compassion stakes because you don't know what I do.

I know the public education syllabus starts working with children from kindergarten in HSIE about tolerance and involvement in respect and harmony days etc. At 13, this girl would have had 7 years of education within this area. Whilst I don't agree with you that she wouldn't know any better I'd be surprised if any child above stage 1 (years 1 and 2) in schools today would think that comment is acceptable. I would say it is the language and role models adults/peers that surround her that has brought this on.

In terms of language, I don't ever try to embarrass anyone and call them by derogatory names that you constantly type at me. This girl is obviously around people who don't see anything wrong with treating people in this way. As we say at school, children are mirrors of their parents, good and bad and when you meet the parent, it usually is no surprise, good or bad.

Well said Darren. If kids the age of 13 don't know how much of a terrible thing racism (and homophobia) is then I worry for our future.

G'day MWSE, I teach in the primary independent system but taught casually in the public system and respect and tolerance are huge in state schools. I remember teaching multiple lessons in a term on this. At their age, they would be watching DVD clips about acceptance for all and multiple discussions.

The think is I reckon she was sitting with people saying this stuff and she has yelled it out and got busted. Watch the clip and she is seen throwing her black jacket/blanket to an older lady (mum??) but mum acts like she didn't see her. That person also let her child walk up the stairs in public humiliation with a police officer. There was another report she left the ground by herself so a 13 year old girl is walking from the MCG alone at night?? (family/mentor somewhere models??)

Good on Adam for speaking up and I read he didn't even celebrate the win. I don't really understand why some people think it's okay to racially/put down another human because they don't agree. Calling people names is acting younger than the girl.

The other thing is when people are confronted about their actions, they usually go to ground, not apologise as they can't admit a mistake. Cycle continues again and again.

lsz said:
Goodes was as classy as a bloke could be talking about it this today

As he said the issue is not with the kid who would not even understand what she is saying

It is the society where she has heard and learnt this

I don't disagree with anything you have said mate but there's an elephant in the room.
She is 13 what the hell was she doing at the MCG without her parents or guardian I don't have my own kids but I have nieces and nephews of various ages and there's no way my 12 year old niece would be at suncorp with out adult supervision

Hi Cam, so true what you said. Her mum just said this: "She's only a 13-year-old young girl that lives in a country town and doesn't get out that much."

Not sure what Mum is trying to say? She's getting out to be at the G at night though. Does living in the country means you don't go to school?

Please, I don't not condone racism in any form nor what the girl has done at all....I do not tolerate.
But what if a child had called out to a player and called them a faggot....would this still have occurred if the player had done something...
Just a question people that's all. Would it get the same media

tough one Frogz, it would seem life has different scales for different languages. My mate used to teach at Brewarrina where many indigenous parents and kids call white teachers 'Gubba" which means white trash. Nothing ever said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7