Cold Hard Coaching Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Hasler

Definitely didn't coach reserves. He went straight into being a first grade coach. At the ims Toovey had a little bit of experience and the general feeling was that hasler was going to be a stop gap coach whilst they trained and groomed Toovey. However hasler was instantly successful and won his spot. He even said at the time he didn't plan on being a career coach and was just holding the spot

He wasn't instantly successful. We had a few uninspiring years under him before we started to really become a threat.

In fact by this point in 2004 (Hasler's first year) we'd only won 4 matches. The exact same record Barrett has now.

Haha love it. Ok well I'll need an address to send my goolies?
Actually just found another one.

He was a development officer and then first division coach apparently.

Same pedigree as Trent though.

To be fair hasler came with far better credentials

He wasn't instantly successful. We had a few uninspiring years under him before we started to really become a threat.
Man compared to 2001,2002, 2003 and 2004. 2005 was a success we made the finals for the first time.

I remember sitting on the hill with Ryan and a few others and saying "imagine if we got a home final next year" whilst watching reserve grade play at home, incidentally Fui was playing I that game as it was vs parra who flogged us in the final, the one where Tahu slam dunked the cross bar

Actually just found another one.

He was a development officer and then first division coach apparently.

Same pedigree as Trent though.

To be fair hasler came with far better credentials
Yes. 1st division was what reserves were called back then so legally I can reattach my sweet breads.

Man compared to 2001,2002, 2003 and 2004. 2005 was a success we made the finals for the first time.

I remember sitting on the hill with Ryan and a few others and saying "imagine if we got a home final next year" whilst watching reserve grade play at home, incidentally Fui was playing I that game as it was vs parra who flogged us in the final, the one where Tahu slam dunked the cross bar

Yeah but 2004 was Hasler's first year, not 2005.

Yeah but 2004 was Hasler's first year, not 2005.
2004 was far better than 03 he was successful in that regard and once we got hold of bk, Orford and bell then Lyon, shot got real

Whilst on the subject of the history of this site being a newbie I would love to know more about how it began and original members etc. Like an archive. Is there one? I doubt there would be a better fan forum out there than this.

2004 was far better than 03 he was successful in that regard and once we got hold of bk, Orford and bell then Lyon, shot got real

I agree, but I think Barrett could have a similar progression. He's inherited an injury ravaged basket case of a team. I reckon one more year of good recruitment and clearing out some dead wood could really see us performing well next year.

In fact by this point in 2004 (Hasler's first year) we'd only won 4 matches. The exact same record Barrett has now.
The roster is the difference though. And des was a maniac that had us all engrossed in what he would become. Remember he broke some dude's ankle in the tackling sand pit! Just can't see Barrett doing that.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
Whilst on the subject of the history of this site being a newbie I would love to know more about how it began and original members etc. Like an archive. Is there one? I doubt there would be a better fan forum out there than this.
Oh man it's a long story. We lost a whole bunch of posts from the early days.

I'll go into the history later. There is a post by Matabele which details the history somewhere told in reference to some other history.

The originals were

Me, Ryan, fro, Matabele, canteen worker, Susan (then sue ridgepipe), Las Vegas, Larry Tate, Byso, six, kiwi eagle, fluffy, the wheel ah man I can't remember them all. I would say 50% of them still post today. About 40% more post regularly and the last 10% haven't been seen for a while.

We've lost member through death and many other things. It's a great site and one of the best things isn't just the site it's the strong community we have always had. Id love to see that community build again as the original core group who used to meet have scarred to various places around the world and times have changed so much from the days we would go to brookie and we would be 20 odd of the only few thousand there

I'll go into the history later. There is a post by Matabele which details the history somewhere told in reference to some other history.

The originals were

Me, Ryan, fro, Matabele, canteen worker, Susan (then sue ridgepipe), Las Vegas, Larry Tate, Byso, six, kiwi eagle, fluffy, the wheel ah man I can't remember them all. I would say 50% of them still post today. About 40% more post regularly and the last 10% haven't been seen for a while.

We've lost member through death and many other things. It's a great site and one of the best things isn't just the site it's the strong community we have always had. Id love to see that community build again as the original core group who used to meet have scarred to various places around the world and times have changed so much from the days we would go to brookie and we would be 20 odd of the only few thousand there
I like to always acknowledge those who dug the well. Thanks.

Wow worse then Peter Sharp. Is that even possible?

So Garreth Brennan got a mention in this thread. He had massive wraps on him a few years back. Was the favourite for the Knights job when Bennett left.

I thought he had fallen off the side of the earth.

Seems he replaced one Trent Barrett and is now Hooks assistant at the Riff, with Gus finding a job for George.

No wonder Gus endorsed Trent.

The originals were

Great post Dan. I have been posting for only 6 years but I love this
forum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4