Cold Hard Coaching Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Panthers NYC Holden Cup:
2013 Coach: Gareth Brennan, Result: 2nd place then Premiership Winners.
2014 Coach: Trent Barrett, Result: 9th Missed Finals.
2015 Coach: Cameron Ciraldo, Result: 1st place then Premiership Winners.

Is that enough evidence???? Why was he even considered an up and coming coach surely Brennan or Ciraldo would be better no??

T Barrett coaching record so far:
Penrith 2014 : P24 W12 D1 L11 50%
NSW Country : P2 W1 D0 L1 50%
Manly 2016 : P13 W4 D0 L9 30.77%

Total Win Percentage for Barrett: 43.24%

For God sake Bozo why can't you see he is a dud!!!!!

This bloke is as bad.

John Cartwright:
NSW City : P3 W1 D0 L2 33.3%
Titans : P196 W88 L108 D0 44.9%

Total Win Percentage for John Cartwright: 46.59%

Geoffrey Toovey Total 58.1%
Desmond Hasler Total 59.4%
Wayne Bennett Total 61.7%
Craig Bellamy Total 66%

Toovey is up there with some of the best yet he gets sacked?? Did they mix Barrett and Bennett when they checked his stats? It is only 2 letters difference it would explain a lot.

Panthers NYC Holden Cup:
2013 Coach: Gareth Brennan, Result: 2nd place then Premiership Winners.
2014 Coach: Trent Barrett, Result: 9th Missed Finals.
2015 Coach: Cameron Ciraldo, Result: 1st place then Premiership Winners.

Is that enough evidence???? Why was he even considered an up and coming coach surely Brennan or Ciraldo would be better no??

T Barrett coaching record so far:
Penrith 2014 : P24 W12 D1 L11 50%
NSW Country : P2 W1 D0 L1 50%
Manly 2016 : P13 W4 D0 L9 30.77%

Total Win Percentage for Barrett: 43.24%

For God sake Bozo why can't you see he is a dud!!!!!

This bloke is as bad.

John Cartwright:
NSW City : P3 W1 D0 L2 33.3%
Titans : P196 W88 L108 D0 44.9%

Total Win Percentage for John Cartwright: 46.59%

Geoffrey Toovey Total 58.1%
Desmond Hasler Total 59.4%
Wayne Bennett Total 61.7%
Craig Bellamy Total 66%

Toovey is up there with some of the best yet he gets sacked?? Did they mix Barrett and Bennett when they checked his stats? It is only 2 letters difference it would explain a lot.

Be carefull bro ! The Penns will organise an assassination for releasing this data ! Your brave :)

2v was never a great coach. he was a manly man who could coach.

he had flaws, he was tactically /filecopypastespecial at a time when the game was changing and the roster was aging.

he was a manly man though. he will never be forgotten.

twenty, on the other hand will be dismissed like sharp was if this garbage continues. id love to slap the ****; says a lot really.

I thought he spoke well on the coverage before the game and looked invested for the first time. How he got the gig though is beyond me. Tooves wasn't the most analytical or tactical coach but he was manly and had a reputation that got the players playing for him. A few good assistants around him and you have a meninga origin type environment. Thank god for Jamie Buhrer is all I can say.

Trent was very angry in the press conference. He's obviously struggling. He makes a lot of excuses about injuries however he was clearly upset tonight.

I agree that the owners have a right to make decisions and they felt we needed a change. However it always seemed strange to:

1. Completely tear the house down in one go including getting rid of some very successful people and

2. Replacing Tooves a manly legend who had a great coaching record with a complete rookie who had only spent a couple of seasons as an assistant and from the stats on another post a pretty poor record.

Obviously Manly is a complex coaching role with rebuilding culture change etc needed so you'd think the owners would have gone with an experienced coach with a decen record. Not saying this would have worked but it would seem more logical.

Trent seems like a good guy and may well turn the corner and end up being a very successful coach and I hope he does however I still don't know on what criteria he was selected and unfortunately so far his record is just awful.
This therefore poses the same question: What amazing qualities did Bozo and the Penns see that convinced them he was the best man for the job?

2v was never a great coach. he was a manly man who could coach.

he had flaws, he was tactically /filecopypastespecial at a time when the game was changing and the roster was aging.

he was a manly man though. he will never be forgotten.

twenty, on the other hand will be dismissed like sharp was if this garbage continues. id love to slap the ****; says a lot really.
Tooves never had a chance to be a great coach. But his win percentages say he could coach. Plenty of tactical geniuses have a lesser winning percentage than him. And let's not forget dessie took everything with him when he left. Tooves was building it up again from scratch. I wish they'd have recruited for him like they have for this Muppet. We'll never f...ing know what could've been. Inexplicable!!!

That Press Conference was hard to watch. Barrett was really fence sitting. He is singing the players praises one minute, then in the next breath he says they don't put in for the 80 mins. Which is it mate?? The bloke is wishy washy and I reckon trying to be liked by the players instead of being the boss man that demands results. Not to mention the river of excuses he had flowing even mentioned losing Watmough & Kite?? Is he for real? Well done Trent! You have given the players an arsenal of excuses as to why they will lose for the rest of the year.

Start putting a bomb under these high payed superstars like Walker who is all fancy low percentage garbage that got a few tries at the start, then when the tough high percentage work was needed he was throwing wild hail mary passes and doing a victory lap with Penrith laughing and joking even tapping Moylan on the shoulder whilst he was being interviewed. Drag that bugger in and give him both barrels and tell him this isn't a high paying holiday from Michael Maguire.

On a better note. feck i love Jake Trebojevic!! Sitting there with a black eye seriously pissed off that he let the Brooky faithful down. This kid is what it is all about and thank God we have some young blokes like him Tommy T, Parcell and Buhrer who are giving it socks. they make me proud to be a supporter.

Tooves never had a chance to be a great coach. But his win percentages say he could coach. Plenty of tactical geniuses have a lesser winning percentage than him. And let's not forget dessie took everything with him when he left. Tooves was building it up again from scratch. I wish they'd have recruited for him like they have for this Muppet. We'll never f...ing know what could've been. Inexplicable!!!

he was a manly man.

he /filecopypastespecialdes

the game changed from 12-16

he did deserve the chance but never got it.

Not making excuses for Barrett but does this mean Robinson can't coach at Roosters now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6