Coincidence....Chocs gooone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why on earth would our marketing team have information about players? If someone had tapped them on the shoulder and said "get rid of Choc and Snake" from the 2015 promotional stuff, don't you think they would have asked WTF? Why? We cannot market our team without our stars!

FMD, pass the tin foil hat please!

anthonyb1965 said:
Why on earth would our marketing team have information about players? If someone had tapped them on the shoulder and said "get rid of Choc and Snake" from the 2015 promotional stuff, don't you think they would have asked WTF? Why? We cannot market our team without our stars!

By exactly the same token, why wouldn't the club ensure that two of its biggest and longest serving stars were an integral part of our promotional and membership advertising.
I don't know what the angle is here, but it's too odd not to have an agenda or reasoning behind it.

anthonyb1965 said:

Cue @Jethro

anthonyb1965 said:

The back office is a fairly small and close-knit team.

Remember Ferris had a baby with one of the Admin staff

Clint said:
anthonyb1965 said:

Cue @Jethro

TinFoilHat.jpg

tinfoiltime.jpg

tinfoil.gif

tinfoil-HAt2.gif

anthonyb1965 said:
don't you think they would have asked WTF? Why? We cannot market our team without our stars!

Then why are they marketing the team without them?

They were either told not to include them or they're not very good at their jobs.

I have no doubts that it's the former. Both Choc and Snake have played their last games for Manly

bones said:
anthonyb1965 said:
don't you think they would have asked WTF? Why? We cannot market our team without our stars!

Then why are they marketing the team without them?

They were either told not to include them or they're not very good at their jobs.

I have no doubts that it's the former. Both Choc and Snake have played their last games for Manly

Thank you Bones, reality must be a dish that's hard to swallow

Jethro said:
Clint said:
anthonyb1965 said:

Cue @Jethro

TinFoilHat.jpg

tinfoiltime.jpg

tinfoil.gif

tinfoil-HAt2.gif

Thanks mate. I knew I could count on you.

You do realise the "marketing team" consists of a small handful of people. They know as much about the contract situation of choc and snake as we do and may have been told to hold off on using these two players who are in question of staying.

It may look bad that they have not been included in the promotional material for 2015 and therefore everyone thinks they must be leaving but imagine equally the uproar if they were included in the marketing promos and they turned around left two weeks later. We know as much today and we did yesterday which is little to nothing.

I have already come to terms with Choc leaving purely based on media reporting.
I'm not giving up on Snake yet. Releasing Snake would be a very interesting decision by the club. Will come to terms with it of course if it happens but will be seriously disappointed in the way he left Manly as it's been reported that him and Choc have been acting like turkeys for a while.
Sad for both club legends to leave on sour notes.
Out of all the clubs mentioned I would prefer Snake went to Canberra.

I will absolutely renew my membership for next year but not until I know who stays or goes for 2015. 2016 can be dealt with later.

I wouldn't mind getting an answer to this one:p...didn't stop me from entering though

752d51e6-2ec2-4f80-a046-bc62854b5c42.jpg

niccipops said:
I'm not giving up on Snake yet. Releasing Snake would be a very interesting decision by the club. Will come to terms with it of course if it happens but will be seriously disappointed in the way he left Manly as it's been reported that him and Choc have been acting like turkeys for a while.

I agree with all this, however, I still won't believe Snake's gone until something official comes from the club.

I'd be mighty disappointed though, particularly after all the support the club and us fans have given him over the years. I also imagine there would be a few unhappy sponsors if Snake's not at Manly anymore.

It would seem Snake's carrying a huge chip on his shoulder!

ALinda said:
niccipops said:

I agree with all this, however, I still won't believe Snake's gone until something official comes from the club.

I'd be mighty disappointed though, particularly after all the support the club and us fans have given him over the years. I also imagine there would be a few unhappy sponsors if Snake's not at Manly anymore.

It would seem Snake's carrying a huge chip on his shoulder!
Totally agree. Especially the bit about all the support us fans have given him. I have lost count of the number of times I Have argued with non Manly fans over the years in defence of Snake. He just can't leave , he is and always will be the Prince of Brookvale.

This same topic has been discussed at length in the "Guess what the Headline will be" thread.

I mentioned in that thread that both Choc and Snake are prominent in the photo on the "Membership contact" page. The photo above has a number of players missing (including Matty B) and not just Choc and Snake. So are all the missing players leaving?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6