Coffee - Instant/ground/capsules etc...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Any of you coffee lovers?

Got a coffee capsule machine(woolies one) for xmas and the Gloria Jeans and Woolies pods are 10x better than the Nespresso ones. And the machines are half the price.

Thought id put it out there for anyone planning on buying one.

We bought the Aldi one. The Nespresso coffee is better than the Aldi coffee however, I do like the Hot Chocolate that Aldi has.
Oh dear, it is a long off season. Soon we will be comparing recipes for glazing hams.

I find it very difficult to believe that anything that comes from Gloria jeans would actually taste like coffee. My limited experience with what they serve over the counter suggests it would taste horrible.

Napper said:

Got a coffee capsule machine(woolies one) for xmas and the Gloria Jeans and Woolies pods are 10x better than the Nespresso ones. And the machines are half the price.

Does it have a milk warmer?

Ive heard good things about the Aldi machine.

are the pods interchangable?

I use a breville with grinder and so on, so wouldnt be looking at one myself, but was looking as a present for the old man.

I have the aldi - it is not bad (considering the cost involved) not sure about the pods being interchangable...only aldi ones seem to fit

Chip and Chase said:
I find it very difficult to believe that anything that comes from Gloria jeans would actually taste like coffee. My limited experience with what they serve over the counter suggests it would taste horrible.

I was the same mate. Their pods taste entirely different. Rich Dark Roast is the one!

Mals said:
Napper said:

Does it have a milk warmer?

Nah i bought a breville one for $10. The woolies frother is **** and holds nowhere near enough milk.

I bought a Saeco Magic Deluxe nearly 10 years ago.
It's fully automatic with built in grinder, frother ect.
Still running like brand new.
Never had a part replaced or repaired (couple of rubber seals have been changed but this is normal wear and tear).
Best investment I've ever made on an appliance!

The reason my machine has made over 15,000 coffees and continues running perfectly is because I don't leave the machine on when I'm not using it. The boiler is original and still perfect.
The other tip I will give is to ensure you flush the machine after each use to rid the machine of coffee bean oil which will only end up in the next cup of coffee you make if you don't follow this step.

I buy the 1 kg Harris espresso coffee beans. (Green bag)
Great all-round coffee beans.

Not a fan of capsule machines. Nothing beats freshly ground, even when the pre ground is hermetically sealed.

Cheers

i didnt drink coffee for a month through January, i had one on saturday and my god did I remember what it was like to actually get woken up by coffee again haha

Honestly I didn't mind not drinking coffee. It's no replacement for being healthy and waking up feeling awake as it is

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-drink/6-surprising-health-benefits-of-coffee

"Want to lower your risk of death? A National Institutes of Health – AARP Diet and Health study of more than 400,000 people revealed that drinking coffee might be the answer. Between 1995 and 2008, male participants drinking even just one daily cup reduced their risk of death by 6%. Drinking either two to three cups or six or more cups reduced the risk by 10% during the timeframe of the study. The greatest reduction of death risk was 12% in the group drinking four to five cups. Know your limit: five cups."

EDIT: Yes, I believe everything I read on the net :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6