Coaching staff to blame more than the players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
We can all blame the players but some questions must be asked of the coaching staff!
1. Every league loving person I know says T-Rex is not an 80 minute player - Hasler never used him as an 80 minute player! Nor as a battering ram.
2. Our forwards run like crabs instead of running dead straight trying to get over the advantage line.
3. Instead of trying to pass the ball around Melbourne, play them up the middle where they have a sub standard forward pack.
4. Play simple error free settlers in the first 3 tackles... Get them on the back foot and then think what to do next.

Did you not see the stone cold
Dropped balls that an under 8 could catch, happened in the 1st set of the game all the way until the last, how is that the coaching staffs fault?

It was the 2009 final all over again. My question why was Forans jersey pristine in the 75th minute???? Something was horribly amiss tonight

Time? Only needed 10 seconds.

What do we do now Jerry1, what do we do now?

Won't somebody think of the children?

silver said:
We can all blame the players but some questions must be asked of the coaching staff!
1. Every league loving person I know says T-Rex is not an 80 minute player - Hasler never used him as an 80 minute player! Nor as a battering ram.
2. Our forwards run like crabs instead of running dead straight trying to get over the advantage line.
3. Instead of trying to pass the ball around Melbourne, play them up the middle where they have a sub standard forward pack.
4. Play simple error free settlers in the first 3 tackles... Get them on the back foot and then think what to do next.
De$ used Terrible-Rex as a 80 minute player last years finals

I know bludging is popular in nz but ****, was She-Rex even kiwi? Needs a heart transplant but not our problem anymore thank ****, he lost every collision tonight through lack of heart and guts

Tony Iro MKII is gone

Tooves was thrown into the job with little notice last season with half the coaching staff following Hasler. Out of the shambles he's left with he gets us to the preliminary finals. Well done Tooves, love your work.

It was the worst performance by any team that I've seen this year. Parramatta would have beaten us last night, so its fair enough to question the coach, though I think he did a brilliant job getting them to the prelim final.

I think the Storms enthusiasm, fresh legs and adoption of the dogs defensive tactic of having the edge defense sprint up and choke any Manly attack was the difference. The refs have now officially stopped policing the 10 metres - and thats bad news for attacking flair teams like Manly and good news for wrestlers and spoilers like the dogs and storm. Throw in the routine ball fumble by Watmough on the second hit up and then Trex's nice work for the first storm try and Manly were as rattled from the get go as they were in the dogs game. Unfortunately no composure.

I think a number of players have probably peaked and there may be some hard times ahead as our roster has pretty much been stagnant now for a few years.

voicefromthehill said:
It was the 2009 final all over again. My question why was Forans jersey pristine in the 75th minute???? Something was horribly amiss tonight

I said that to my missus at the game. Foran's jersey didn't have a grass stain on it. He didn't get many opportunities though.

1. T Rex - it is difficult giving him decent bench time when we have players like Joe and George on the bench.

2. Forwards last night - Kingy and Gift shouldnt have played last night. They wouldnt have played if it wasnt a knock out match. Tooves gambled on them and lost. I guess that was a reflection of the depth, or Tooves confidence in the depth

3. Halves - Gift is our main ball player. He takes a lot of responsibility and takes a lot of pressure off our Foran and DCE. Because he was injured and played far from his best this is exposed our Halves.

FINALLY like it or not Melbourne were White Hot last night. They will win next week.

Our superstars got shown up and all this crap about star studded may be put away for good. A hard summer of getting back on track and working hard instead of this run across ways stuff will help. We need a couple of young or new guys to come in and boost enthusiasm. Maybe positions are too safe?

Hopefully some fans on here will stop bagging other team's players out as ordinary and not much because on paper the Storm didn't look much but gee Bellamy had them right to play. Our superstars, Keiran, DCE, Glenn, Choc, T-Rex, King, Kite and Ballin didn't perform. Another thing, stop using we are all injured as an excuse. You go on the field you play. Do you think other clubs are injury chocked?

Tooves has had a good year but most coaches with so many "stars" could have got us pretty close to where we were. When it got down to the real stuff, we were smashed twice, produced the worst finals performance in a long time and that's probably where it leaves 2012.

Sumdumguy said:
voicefromthehill said:

I said that to my missus at the game. Foran's jersey didn't have a grass stain on it. He didn't get many opportunities though.
He copped a lot of **** from the media last week over the" Hand of Foz" try. Not saying that's an excuse but it could have been a factor.

sean1976 said:
It was the worst performance by any team that I've seen this year. Parramatta would have beaten us last night, so its fair enough to question the coach, though I think he did a brilliant job getting them to the prelim final.

I think the Storms enthusiasm, fresh legs and adoption of the dogs defensive tactic of having the edge defense sprint up and choke any Manly attack was the difference. The refs have now officially stopped policing the 10 metres - and thats bad news for attacking flair teams like Manly and good news for wrestlers and spoilers like the dogs and storm. Throw in the routine ball fumble by Watmough on the second hit up and then Trex's nice work for the first storm try and Manly were as rattled from the get go as they were in the dogs game. Unfortunately no composure.

I think a number of players have probably peaked and there may be some hard times ahead as our roster has pretty much been stagnant now for a few years.

It is kind of similar to Geelong in the AFL but the difference there is that they are moving the older players on and bringing in young, enthusiastic guys. We seem to be moving the younger players on and keeping the older guys. Unless Manly adopt a similar approach we could be making up the numbers for longer than we think. I hope Toovey brings these new guys in. A few teams are starting to surge ahead of us now (Dogs have well and truly gone past us) so we need to lick our wounds for the next few years and re-build...

From a year that started badly 3 days after the GF last year I think we did ok, given we had blokes injured not to mention suspensions I think Toovey learn't a hell of lot from his first year. And like all forms of sport your always better for the experience.

Things will be better without the relience on T-Rex, we will now have a team of footballers rather than looking for one run a game from this bloke.

My opinion of T-Rex has never wavered good in patches but not someone you can count on, feet are very heavy.

I welcome new blood and it might take a year before we are back to the 2008/11 form but mark my words we will be back!

Darren said:
Our superstars got shown up and all this crap about star studded may be put away for good. A hard summer of getting back on track and working hard instead of this run across ways stuff will help. We need a couple of young or new guys to come in and boost enthusiasm. Maybe positions are too safe?

Hopefully some fans on here will stop bagging other team's players out as ordinary and not much because on paper the Storm didn't look much but gee Bellamy had them right to play. Our superstars, Keiran, DCE, Glenn, Choc, T-Rex, King, Kite and Ballin didn't perform. Another thing, stop using we are all injured as an excuse. You go on the field you play. Do you think other clubs are injury chocked?

Tooves has had a good year but most coaches with so many "stars" could have got us pretty close to where we were. When it got down to the real stuff, we were smashed twice, produced the worst finals performance in a long time and that's probably where it leaves 2012.

Rest assured, other clubs are playing banged up as well!!

Darren said:

Do you actually even support Manly ? You only turn up here after losses and when Brookvale crowds are under 18,000.

Darren is a deadest knucklehead rarely is he constructive and loves to put the boot in when we lose. I am sure if we go back to threads when we have won he will be lauding the players he is now relentlessly bagging out. Fair weather supporter of the highest order

We got further than 90% of teams & have tasted more success in recent times than any other. The loss was error riddled & the boys never really got into the game regardless of the 12-6 ht margin.
Its not coaching staffs fault, the players have been catching & passing for 20 odd years & had an off night, not the best time to do it but s**t happens- yes even to us.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8