1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Frogz, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,389 / 36
    Just watching the start of the footy and thinking who may be in line for the Dally M coach of the year.
    So I went back thru history to 1980 and Bob Fulton in 1983 is the ONLY Manly coach to win it....Kinda strange isnt it........one in the 80's.....3 GF's in a row in the 90's....a premiership in 08...another in 11....wonder who will get it this year.

2. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Hasler deserved it a couple of times while he was at Manly. Hasler, Flanagan or Macguire should get it this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Bellamy for once again cheating and getting away with it. This time their cheating is aimed at putting players in wheelchairs by breaking necks. Such an innovative coach.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Kearny is a shoe in

5. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    At this stage I reckon they will have a toss off between Bellamy and Ha$$ler

6. madlyn

madlyn New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If Hasler didn't get it with manly 08or12 there is NO WAY he should get it with the cheating dogs in 2012

• Like Like x 1
  7. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Agree - but watch this space

8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Flanagan would be my choice.

9. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    Luke Williamson

10. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    It they were serious I agree, Sharks are most improved by a shed load. Would be happy to see that happen. But methinks it wont

11. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Still a long way to go. If the Storm win the Minor Premiership by 8 or so points it would be hard not to give it to Bellamy. If they come back to the field than Des is a chance if he can keep the Dogs in the top 4 and if the Sharks make the finals and finish close to top 4, Flanagan will be a big chance, especially as Rothfield probably coordinates the votes.

I really don't think too much stock should be placed in the Dally Ms, much like the Brownlow in the AFL. If we think the people giving the points out are gooses why do we care who they give it to? In both sports I would have thought being recognised by your peers is more a of personal reward for your efforts than what a bunch of hack journos and ex players voting for their mates means.

12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Why wouldn't Bellamy get it? A totally disrupted team, and look at the standings.

13. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    Yep at this stage of the year Martina would be streets ahead of the rest.

14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Martina has 'the best Players/spine' in the league - so Coaching is a moot point.

Flanagan and the Son of Sam don't.

Toovey should get it for being handed the Coaching position without warning a few weeks before the pre-season; and the continued harrasment by the previous Coach to poach the Players that he has :D

15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I think we miss out on the finals this year. With his roster (regardless of injuries / suspensions) we should be top 4. I rate our roster quality / depth MUCH more than others.

We should be much higher imo.

We should have beaten those lower teams, and we should have beaten The Storm this week, without Slater.