1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach Development

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by conanu, Oct 11, 2011.

1. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 31
    On a positive note. Seeing as though all our previous premiership coaches were players for the club and 2 of them won premierships with us. Isnt it great that we have developed 2008 and 2011 premiership winning players that may one day in the next 10 to 20 years want to coach our great club. Heres hoping Tooves can do the same.

Not many other clubs have that.

Im sick of dickheads like Graham Hughes and Peter Tunks try to tell us what we are doing wrong as a club. Ha we are the most successful club in the modern era regardless of Boards and BS maybe thats what makes us tick.

Get that up ya haters

2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Stuff em it's a bulldogs radio station 2sm talkin sport,they're loving this.

3. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    The most amusing part is the dogs will still be NOWHERE next year, and possibly longer LOL!!!

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Long term prediction. Premiership players from 2008 or 2011 who may one day go on to coach our top grade...
    we have Willo coming through, though he didn't actually play in the GF so couldn't be part of that special tradition.

My vote ... Matt Ballin.

5. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 31
  6. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I reckon Snake would go alright.

7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,251 / 131
    Who cares what they think

8. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Though he hasn't played top grade for us he's still in the NRL squad Liam Foran : been told he's a lot like Matt Johns (hasn't got Joey's skill set but the smarts are there) but in this case Keiron.
    Matt was apparently offered the Knights top job years ago. Also made Cooper Cronk into what he is

9. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    I think with Seu Seu gone, we might start to see Liam Foran playing 1st grade next year.

And Willo did play in the 2007 GF - so he could be a Ron Willey/Frank Stanton (no GF wins as a player) type premiership winning coach in years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Could help in keeping Foz at the club too.

11. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
  12. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,838 / 103
    I disagree about Talkin Sport. Although Hughes and Tunks are ex-Canterbury players I think they give Manly fair coverage. Hughes has stuck it to Gallop repeatedly over the treatment to Brett, and Tunks has backed him up.

I think they both admire what Manly has achieved, and I for one am happy with their even-handed opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dayne

dayne New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hughes only stuck it into gallop because he is best mates with ex-ceo lowie. After lowie resigned due to illness he has been less rampant. tunks and hughes will always have the dogs future at heart, and couldnt care less if manlys squad was raped by the dogs. In fact i reckon they're praying for it.

14. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Dayne wed be doing the same.thing if roles were reversed.