Clubs want IC to take action on Broncos monopoly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
RUGBY leagueÂ’s independent commission is 100 days old and the honeymoon is over for its chairman John Grant. The Maserati-driving NRL supremo is speeding towards a collision with powerbrokers at the Sydney clubs over a number of issues.

Read the full article

OMG News trying to put the boot in. "The Maserati-driving NRL supremo" what pathetic journalism. Have they ever described Gallooop as a BMW or Mercedes driving latte sipping supremo.

Totally agree!! What league in the world is dominated by a club whose owners also run the competition!!! Every Friday night! So wrong and allows 2 things, huge exposure when selling sponsorships and great for staff knowing you have 7 days to prepare players. What a selling point to tell clients we are on every Friday night prime time (and you know you are)

About time. Patently unfair situation and it has to stop. Little wonder it was allowed to flourish under Gallop's watch, we all know who was pulling his strings. Let's see if this Grant character has more spine than Double Standard Dave.

And whats the difference to what has been going on down south with the Storm for over a decade

Double Standard Dave...I like it C&C.

DSD...oi...oi...oi...
DSD...oi...oi...oi...
DSD...oi...oi...oi...
DSD...oi...oi...oi...

Cos I'm
DSD
I'm Vegemite!
DSD
And I'll lose the fight!
DSD
I'll blow my load!
DSD
Watch me implode!

Frogz said:
And whats the difference to what has been going on down south with the Storm for over a decade

Brisbane is a Rugby League town, Melbourne isn't.

eagles2win said:
Personally think you could fit another 3 NRL teams in Sth Qld -
Bombers, Ipswich and Sunny Coast.

Totally agree. And wouldn't it be nice to see the Bronco supporters with a team which has to compete for players, sponsors and media exposure. I'll bet they won't like having to watch their team on a non-Friday night.

Finally someone is speaking against the brisbane monopoly.

I have always been a big believer of a second brisbane team. (and a couple more QLD teams). Brisbane prob has more rugby league supporters than sydney. QLD is NRL mad.

I have always been a fan of the idea of expanding the nrl. i know this probably wouldnt be viable, but i would like to see the nrl expand to 24 teams: 3 more from QLD, 2 more from NZ, 1 central coast, 1 adelaide and 1 Perth.

You would play everyone once and have a top 12 final series.

7 million dollar cap and grant provides financial stability and viability for all Sydney teams, including Manly.

eagles2win said:
My question is to other silvertail member how many teams do you think Qld can handle?

Definitely 1 more in Brisbane. Beyond that I would maybe have 1 more up in the Sunshine Coast.

24 teams I think is too many. 20 teams, less games in the season, would be preferable. Add 2 more teams to QLD, Perth and Central Coast. However, I wouldn't add Central Coast or Sunshine Coast to the comp until 2020 at least. Perth and Brisbane 2 need to come in first.

Jono said:
eagles2win said:
My question is to other silvertail member how many teams do you think Qld can handle?

Definitely 1 more in Brisbane. Beyond that I would maybe have 1 more up in the Sunshine Coast.

24 teams I think is too many. 20 teams, less games in the season, would be preferable. Add 2 more teams to QLD, Perth and Central Coast. However, I wouldn't add Central Coast or Sunshine Coast to the comp until 2020 at least. Perth and Brisbane 2 need to come in first.

On that note I wouldn't add the Bears, Central Coast Centurions or whatever yes but not the Bears.

My ideal make up

1- 16 current NRL teams.

2015 - 17 and 18 W.A.R and Bombers

2017 - 19 and 20 West Brisbane and Wellington

2021 - 21 and 22 Sunny Coast and Islanders

The reasoning behind an Island team is this strengthen the international comp and a stronger tv deal will follow

Eventually a Southern Championship(or a special league for lower leagues will be made) -

Maybe

Auckland
Christchurch
Gosford
The Entrance
Melbourne 2
Newtown
Perth 2
Illawarra
Wynnum
Redcliffe
Port Morseby
Lae

Possibly a promotion/relegation battleas well at a latter date.

Eagles2nv said:

And who chooses who has home ground advantage?

Until each team plays each other as a 'one home game, one away game' the draw is unfair.

We dont have the players to field too many more team than the current 16

Ironically this is exactly what Brisbane and the other clubs whinged about when Arko ran the comp. They said he favoured Manly and we had a monopoly and we got all the best deals. That was their justification for starting Super League. Even under thier own rules we have won 2 gf's and they have won 3. Bet they didnt think that would happen. Basically all the Queensland dominance is born out of the massive SOOK that they have had since the NSWRL was more popular and better ran than thier hick comp the QLD cup. Oh and you can basically count Melbourne as the second Brisbane team as they were started by QLD and News Ltd abd get most of the players from Q cup.

They spend $28m a year on their football team and haven't won anything since 2006? Their front office should be sacked.

lismore_fan said:
Eagles2nv said:

And who chooses who has home ground advantage?

Until each team plays each other as a 'one home game, one away game' the draw is unfair.

You could alternate each year, 1 year at home the next away.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2