Club Tonight - Good & Bad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Post match at the Leagues Club tonight (IMO):

The Good - Celebration of Kitey's 150th Manly game, Zorba's tribute to him and the great crowd reaction. The crowd erupting when Hoppa appeared and his Players' Player Award.

The Not-so-good - Skivvy being booed by some fans. Thankfully many others cheered him, which was deserved for his great match.

The Bad - Seeing Joe on crutches!

By the way, for those interested the award points were 3) Hoppa, 2) Skivvy, 1) Buhrer.

ALinda said:
Post match at the Leagues Club tonight (IMO):

The Good - Celebration of Kitey's 150th Manly game, Zorba's tribute to him and the great crowd reaction. The crowd erupting when Hoppa appeared and his Players' Player Award.

The Not-so-good - Skivvy being booed by some fans. Thankfully many others cheered him, which was deserved for his great match.

The Bad - Seeing Joe on crutches!

By the way, for those interested the award points were 3) Hoppa, 2) Skivvy, 1) Buhrer.
Hmmm was Skivvy booed by a Warriors or rival fan? I heard it too when I was at the function. The bad I think is again the food. Bit overpriced I think. But otherwise another great way to spend time after a win.

Ian Martin tragic said:
Who is skivvy?

Steve Matai.

Didn't hear the boos personally, I was standing close to the stage but wasn't really paying attention. Would probably have been a Warriors supporter, Matai seemed to be well recieved by the crowd.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
booing was probably Bones ;)

Matt Ballin gave Matai the TAB ticket & Matai apologized to Bones for not getting over first.

Unfortunately for Bones he forgot to hit Stevie up for a quick 3k while he was in a giving mood.

Whoever booed a Manly player at the leagues should have been booted out after a good old fashion ruffle up...

matai was wonderful, hitting his prime at 26, gee, he must have been a kid in 2008!! watched him a fair bit last night, no injury concerns which is a great relief as well.

Nthn NSW said:
Whoever booed a Manly player at the leagues should have been booted out after a good old fashion ruffle up...

Didn't make the post-match gathering this time - must do so more when I can.

Agree Nthn NSW, someone booing a manly player in the Manly leagues club, unless in an obvious joking sense, is not on.

THE GOOD: We enjoyed the club prior to the match - the staff were quite friendly, the schooners of Reschs from the taps tasting fantastic, sorted my Club membership for 5 years for good value easily, enjoyed showing my Warriors-supporting mate the Lyons Den sports memorabilia etc. mightily.

And in addition to several other sportstab bets I had on Manly prior, put a bit on Manly to win by 7-12 through the leagues club TAB and very happy to have that ticket in my wallet.. Yeeaah.

Also lookin' forward to seeing how the redevelopment goes down the track.

THE BAD: The fuc*in stinkin' cigarette smoke that drifts in massively from the outdoor pokies area right into one of the main bar and the main bistro area really, really sucks. They should do something about that, it's disgraceful.
Going to keep further away from that area mightily in future.

Other than that, was stoked to be back in Sea Eagles territory!

Cambo said:
Ha ha poor bones. How could anyone boo kiwi Steve he's a legend

Def was not me mate. I told steve he is a legend. I would never boo him. After Stewie, he is my fave player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7