Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMO Flanagan wanted to be loyal to the same players that won the week before
But if they keep losing the loyalty will ware off and Fifita will get his chance
He’s only played 2 first grade games since he got there.A team that is ordinary.I have no doubt he has talent,but my point is,he wasn’t ready for first grade yet and Manly obviously saw the upside to releasing him early and allowing the club to re-sign those that are ready to go now and in years to come

He’s only played 2 first grade games since he got there.A team that is ordinary.I have no doubt he has talent,but my point is,he wasn’t ready for first grade yet and Manly obviously saw the upside to releasing him early and allowing the club to re-sign those that are ready to go now and in years to come
The key word from your post is Upside .
Manly were correct in seeing a Super Upside in Brown
I have No Idea what they saw in resigning the Pedestrian Woods and Parker
As for Fifita the future will tell his Value

Thanks for posting feathered friend

"I was literally on my death bed … and it was 100 per cent avoidable.

"A nurse later told me that 60 per cent of people who get heat stroke die … I was one of the lucky ones."

Perrett was just 23 at the time but his career was over.

"I stayed at Manly but was never the same," he said.

"That year I was in the emerging Queensland Origin team but Manly made me pull out - they said it would be an embarrassment to the club because I wasn't up to it.
"We went on a run, weren't allowed any water and told 'if you don't like it, you can take your car keys to the field and go home'

"Coaches and trainers do this regularly - try to see how tough you are.

"We had a run, then a short break, then got sent on another run… again without water, then a third run.

"I guess my mind was stronger than my body. I don't remember what happened - I collapsed and woke up in hospital with around seven doctors and nurses around me… I thought I was going to die..
End quote

The Key words from Perrets side of the story are these
Coaches and trainers do this regularly - try to see how tough you are.

This means that this was a regular test by coaches and trainers of a players resilience in Perrets experience.
This means other coaches and trainers from other clubs set the same standards as Manly
Unfortunately this unfortunate situation happened at Manly
Since 1947 and 77 years later we have had 2 very unfortunate cases at Manly where our premiership winning titles were built on resilience
There is a fine line between building resilience and repercussions and we need to draw the line in the sand
1714513885596.png

Can't blame Lloyd ... at the time, when it was clear he was finished as an NRL player, I was surprised that no action was taken and again when Keith suffered heat stroke at training I thought about Lloyd, I'm not surprised by this. Not good for the club.

Can't blame Lloyd ... at the time, when it was clear he was finished as an NRL player, I was surprised that no action was taken and again when Keith suffered heat stroke at training I thought about Lloyd, I'm not surprised by this. Not good for the club.
No excuses for those tragedies but all clubs push players to the limits
No one knows the breaking point of each players DNA
It is the tragic bad luck of the draw at what happened at Manly

Not good for the Penn’s you mean.Happened under Barrett’s watch so none of the coaches or support staff are there anymore.Interesting that Perrett mentions Gould “shook his head in disgust”.The same Gould that said Barrett would be the next “super coach” and the signed him to the Dogs.
Coincidence that this comes out now,at the time Topine is taking the Dogs to court?Could open the flood gates for litigation if someone wins a case

I am no legal expert but drawing a line between abuse and the need to develop , enhance and test player rigour for what is currently one of the toughest sports in the world is somewhat a grey one. If the bulldogs case or this one get up the flood gates will open to the detriment of the game. I would also imagine the club would have some kind of indemnity insurance for this kind of thing…the loss adjusters will be in a spin..

I am no legal expert but drawing a line between abuse and the need to develop , enhance and test player rigour for what is currently one of the toughest sports in the world is somewhat a grey one. If the bulldogs case or this one get up the flood gates will open to the detriment of the game. I would also imagine the club would have some kind of indemnity insurance for this kind of thing…the loss adjusters will be in a spin..
In this Crazy World the Legal Flood gates are well and truly open feathered friend

2017 ...Man sues date for being on her phone
Many people have a story about a date gone wrong, but most would forget about the whole ordeal as soon as it was over. A 37-year-old from Austin, Texas, however, could not let go of his bad experience and sued his date. He was so offended that his date spent the time they were at the movies watching “Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2” texting on her phone. He claimed her behavior was breaking theater rules and affected his movie-watching experience. She agreed to pay him the $17.31 for her cinema ticket, if he left her alone.

2018....Man wants to legally change his age
A 69-year-old Dutchman wanted to legally change his age in order to avoid ageism. Emile Ratelband claimed he felt discriminated against because his real age was affecting his job prospects as well as his chances of success on Tinder, a popular dating app.

2016.... Footlong sandwich is not a foot long
It started in 2013, when a teenager measured his Subway footlong sandwich. It turned out to be only 11 inches, an inch too short. Fast forward three years, and the company was settling a class-action lawsuit in court, promising to make its rolls 12 inches.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8