Club’s darkest hour -Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee no wonder your not the media manager anymore Zorba....Do us all a favour a shut the F up for a while...You have contributed to this....like it or not and you will continue to stir ****.....Thats why u got the arse.

I thought it might be a good idea to have you on the board, but Im starting to doubt that.

Volley said:
What did Randall say that was anti-Des?

No one is anti-Des, just his atitude and attempt to dismantle Manly. Igor, in Friday's Manly Daily echoed everyone's 'On your bike' sentiment. For him to get involved, Des' activities must have been threatening to the Club.

WAMF said:
So Penn couldn't find the money to pay Hasler but managed to find an entire years salary to ensure uncle Zorba was looked after following his dismissal?

Maybe different contractual conditions.

Timmy said:
Darkest hour? Serious? Because the coach left and took some staff with him? WHO CARES YA GOOSE - We're still the MANLY SEA EAGLES - the darkest hour was when we had to merge with the now (thank god) extinct bears.

That is exactly what I thought. Does Zorba have Alzheimers or something? This is a walk in the park compared to (dare I say it), the northern eagles debacle.

Whilst on that topic, the Bulldogs should pay close attention to what happened to the North Sydney Bears when they tried to be Manly. In fact, they should look at Manly's entire history and what has happened to great players and coaches when they leave Brookvale.

We are the king makers and breakers. The mighty Manly maketh and the mighty Manly taketh away.

Can anyone name an ex-player/coach who left the Sea Eagles nest and went on to bigger and better career things. I can't think of anyone in over 35 yrs of being a Sea Eagle. Bozo at Roosters nope, Russell Gartner and Frank Stanton to Balmain nope, Phil Blake nope, Ian Roberts Owen Cunningham Mathew Ridge to super league nope, Elsegood nope, John Hopoate nope, Solomon Hoamono nope, JWH and Lami Tasi jury is still out on those 2 and now you can add Hasler,Cleal and Hoppa Jr to the list of career killers.

Ivan Cleary ?

Phil Bailey ?

Certainly none since post NE days that I can think of.

The thing with Tooves is that no matter how successful he is with the club, he wont be tempted by more money or that want there of.

He will be ALL about the club. And so it should be. Not since fulton have we had a coach that will be all about the club.

fLIP said:
The thing with Tooves is that no matter how successful he is with the club, he wont be tempted by more money or that want there of.

He will be ALL about the club. And so it should be. Not since fulton have we had a coach that will be all about the club.

I thought Hasler was like that. However, I agree with Tooves. He is a Manly local, junior and one club player.

I thought Des repeatedly made things about himself. Would we have our running battle with Gallop if it weren't for Des, possibly with the stewart saga but not so much without the repeat disrespect for the games authority that he shows so often.

I thought Des was manly through and through until cash chasing. Sometimes we're wrong.

Be interesting to see if Zorba believes the current story doing the rounds.

If so you can probably scratch Des's name from ever entering the Manly Leagues Club ever again

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7