1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closing Out Games...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, Mar 29, 2014.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    For a team that has the best halves in the comp we sure need to work on closing out games and keeping composed. The shot for FG from Matai was crazy especially with the new 7 tackle rule. I think DCE needs to take charge, settle the team down and kick the FG in these situations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    DCE was noticeably hurt in a few tackles last night. Still looks like he has issues with the groin, so Foz was doing extras last night :angel:

The humidity can not be overstated, the Boys were up against the conditions and the reputed best defensive side in the competition.

Our field goal attempts were pathetic and Joey needs to start earning his keep in this aspect of our game :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. GraEddie

GraEddie Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    I thought DCE needed to be a bit more composed last night, he was great don't get me wrong….but we grubbered ahead on too many occasions. When he made that great break he should have just taken a tackle and then let foz and lyon dictate the play to see if we could score a try.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    I agree we lost against the storm in similar circumstances

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    I think in those clutch situations DCE, Foz, and Killer should take it in turns to take charge. And Ballin. And Matai.

6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I the heat of the moment its hard to keep a cool head and DCE is a work in progress. Cronk is ahead of him cause he knows the right play to close out a game.

In 2 big matches this season DCE has been unable to take the right option at the death of a game. He will get there.

If we defend that way we can beat any one!!

7. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    Agree. If it bounced right for him, we'd still be talking about it, but as we all know it would've only been the 3rd tackle.

8. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Don't get me wrong DCE is a champion i just think he still has alot of improvement in him which is exciting for us and scary for other teams.

9. seaeagledave

seaeagledave Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2
    His kicks that consistently landed 5m out meant that the Roosters were constantly working the ball out and little threat. I thought he made a huge impact. Great choices I thought with the new rules.

• Like Like x 2