Clinton Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is this one of those gee up posts?:)

The plural of try in any context, not just the rugby codes, is tries. There is no such word as trys.

Just as there is no such word as propertys. There is however a word spelt as 'properties.'
What about "tryze"? That could work.

wasn't beaker on the muppets?

giphy.gif

images
That's him. Maybe Sesame Street too.

Clint Beakerson.

Yer i thought gutherson would be a massive loss for us , not saying the kid cant play ,but he makes some silly errors and he looks weak . Some things he does is great like a run up the sideline and a kick inside but honestly i dont think we will miss the clit as much as we thought. As for dce im not saying anything .WHHHHOOOOOHOOOO.
Miss the Clit!!!!!

For the record, up to and including yesterday, Clint Gutherson has played 10 NRL games, 5 for us and 5 for that other mob. He's scored 5 tries (4 for us) and so far has kicked no goals. He's played 1 game at fullback for us, 1 game in the centres for us (ok, 13 minutes), and all others have been on the wing.

Gutho made his debut on the wing in a 38-26 loss to Penrith in round 26, 2013. He scored a try on debut

Just as a comparison, Tommy made his first grade debut on the wing in round 5, 2015 scoring a double on debut though we lost 29-16 to Canberra in Albury. Tommy has so far played 14 NRL games and scored 9 tries. All bar the first two games this year have been on the wing.

Last edited:
Jeez, you guys are tough markers ;) Remember how good he was for us guys?

Hate that he wears that ugly blue and yellow jersey now :(

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
Jeez, you guys are tough markers ;) Remember how good he was for us guys?

Hate that he wears that ugly blue and yellow jersey now :(
The 5 games he played for us were certainly better than his five for Parra that's for sure. Oh well. Their problem now.

Actually I don't. I never rated him.

Would you say the same if he were still playing for us? Anyway, I guess the club agrees with your assessment and not mine, so you've got me on that point anyway.

Heh..I just hate it when our local juniors leave.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
There's a reason the club chose our former no 6, over cherry, in the 1st place. It's like when snake's out, we're a different team. Cherry must learn to do the same things, his former halves partner did. Run the damn team. He's never been a structured half, mostly bootleg & play off the cuff. Wether he's able to do this or not, remains to be seen. I def would not trade Jorge for gutho either Ryan. Gotta feel for poor Jorge. His catching seemed to improve last year? Don't forget, in a team that struggles for yardage, Jorge is constantly making metres week in, week out.

There's a reason the club chose our former no 6, over cherry, in the 1st place. It's like when snake's out, we're a different team. Cherry must learn to do the same things, his former halves partner did. Run the damn team. He's never been a structured half, mostly bootleg & play off the cuff. Wether he's able to do this or not, remains to be seen. I def would not trade Jorge for gutho either Ryan. Gotta feel for poor Jorge. His catching seemed to improve last year? Don't forget, in a team that struggles for yardage, Jorge is constantly making metres week in, week out.
Since when has Foran ever run our team???? It's always been DCE that's run the team & Foran ran the ball. When Foran was out injured DCE was the reason we won games & almost qualified for the finals. As soon as Foran came back we started to play like #$%^ again! I for one am glad DCE stayed.....also is everyone aware that DCE signed for 1.1 million a year & Foran signed for 1.2 million with the Eels!!

Would you say the same if he were still playing for us? Anyway, I guess the club agrees with your assessment and not mine, so you've got me on that point anyway.

Heh..I just hate it when our local juniors leave.

Absolutely. In my opinion he is no more than a reserve.

I didn't mind him when he was here. I was hoping we'd keep him.

There was a lot of rabble rabble rabble when he left from many on here as well.

To give some context to him

1. Coming back from a series knee injury takes time
2. This is his first year in first grade - and he is a kid
3. He has gone to the graveyard for players...also away from the club where he spent his whole career

I am not saying he has been a world beater but we almost seem to live in a disposable society where players are no longer given time to come back from injury / adjust to first grade....much like how many on here were death riding Vave after 2 games in first grade with us.

Should we have kept him? It seems to have been an educated gamble that there were others in the club who could do a similar role which would allow the club to free up cap space to allow recruitment of players needed elsewhere

Any local junior that's leaves us to got to another club are hopeless players only because they've left us. We are not used to losing players we want so when Barrett came along and released a few of them then all of a sudden they are no good.

Gutherson , and others like Hiku, might or might not end up a great players. We can't keep them all because of the salary cap and it gives us the ****s when see them performing well at other clubs.

Hiku looks faster, slimmer and a much better player than when he played for us. We had them signed and we had to let them go which hurts.

We are not performing as predicted and we are jealous.

Reality check!

I'm not going to death ride the kid because he wears a Parra Jersey.

He's going well for a young lad coming back from a serious injury and only a handful of games under his belt. Parra held the Tigers scoreless weeks after the Tigers had put 7 tries on us and Gutho had a crucial part in that. He withstood the high kicks that they sent his way all day and also twice knocked down a pass by the Tigers when they had an overlap in Parra's red zone. His defence has been more impressive than his offence this year which is surprising to me as he was a star in the lower grades/NSW cup on his attack alone.

I will agree that he needs to put on more size but players fill out so easily in their early 20's and that will happen soon. The most important thing for him was to get over that leg injury.

Jorge is into his 5th season and we are still complaining about the way he plays on the wing (like the way he hopelessly contested a bomb and conceded a try against Cronulla). I think last season was the first time I had ever felt comfortable with his security under the high ball. @Ryan I would have kept Gutho and put him on one wing, put Tom on the other and experimented with putting Jorge in the forwards.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6