Clinton Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/bite-earns-young-shark-suspension-20120620-20okv.html

Manly's young gun

Karmichael Hunt and Jarrod Mullen are two of the more memorable players to make their NRL debuts as 17-year-olds and many on the northern beaches believe 17-year-old Clinton Gutherson has the skills to emulate the pair. Having made the step-up from SG Ball to the under-20s in half a season, Gutherson has been likened to Hunt and Josh Dugan and is being earmarked to make his NRL debut on the wing for Manly before the season ends.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/bite-earns-young-shark-suspension-20120620-20okv.html#ixzz1yPS1QrTE

Just read this in the paper found the link online..

I like the way this guy plays future superstar

Looks like Oldfield was let go because they think Gutherson will feature heavily next year

There is some quality in our Toyota cup side, been following the boys from the sg ball side that have come in particularly and I can tell u that there is 3-4 of them that will be in top squad within a year or two, if not earlier.

lsz said:
Who would think the club has a plan that we are not privy too?
Wouldn't it be awful to come last in the 20s and only unearth 2 or 4 future 1st grade guns? It would be far better to win the 20s, he said sarcastically.

From everything i have heard this kid is a star in the making.
I really hope that we keeps him and other young talent in lower divs.

I really wish the ARLC would introduce salary cap incentives for teams who develop our future stars.

He did recently re-sign so that's good news. Definitely one for the future. His brother goes well too.

Cromer boy Sheikheagle.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/talented-clinton-gutherson-signs-with-sea-eagles/

Disco said:
Looks like Oldfield was let go because they think Gutherson will feature heavily next year

Hard to say if Oldfield was let go, maybe the chooks came knockin' or his manager was shopping. If they upped his price or saw the writing on the wall then I'm sure there wouldn't have been much of a bidding war.

StuBoot said:
Disco said:

Hard to say if Oldfield was let go, maybe the chooks came knockin' or his manager was shopping. If they upped his price or saw the writing on the wall then I'm sure there wouldn't have been much of a bidding war.

Oldfield would have left for the same reasons as Whare. Maybe a little extra coin, but more than likely because he was promised regular first grade footy.

Well Oldfields Manager stated Manly approached and said they wouldnt be able to offer him a deal next year, so thats letting him go imo

Can still remember Mark Gerrard coming through as a hot prospect in reggies. Somehow they lost him in the Northern Eagles nest & became a Wallaby.

there are plenty of Wallabies that struggled at league.

Not saying Gerard is one of them, just that the point isnt exactly valid.

Gutherson is a couple of years from NRL grade. What are we going to do for a fullback if Snake goes ?

Fro said:
there are plenty of Wallabies that struggled at league.

Not saying Gerard is one of them, just that the point isnt exactly valid.

I can recall Gerrard & he was a gun at winger & fullback for the Sea Eagles & Northern Eagles reggies. Narrabeen Sharks & Australian Schoolboys rep that might have been up there with Eadie & Ridge if he'd stayed. I think NE signed Sam Murphy instead. Manly almost had Gerrard re-signed from RU in 2006 or 07. Next game I see Choc or Kingy at I'll ask them what they think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4