Cliffy To Coach??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unless I'm mistaken, the Dog's reserve grade side is placed lower than us. Didn't they win the comp last year and have all their grades in the GF?
Being successful in the lower grades doesn't seem to have much bearing on the results of first grade in the following year. You'd expect that a lot of those reserves would play in first grade the next season. The Worriers and Canberra always seem to do well, but neither will make the top eight in first grade this year.
Perhaps those in charge at Manly have a different criterion for success in the lower grades than we supporters.

The Who said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the Dog's reserve grade side is placed lower than us. Didn't they win the comp last year and have all their grades in the GF?
Being successful in the lower grades doesn't seem to have much bearing on the results of first grade in the following year. You'd expect that a lot of those reserves would play in first grade the next season. The Worriers and Canberra always seem to do well, but neither will make the top eight in first grade this year.
Perhaps those in charge at Manly have a different criterion for success in the lower grades than we supporters.
I very much doubt those in charge of any club enjoy under achieving in NYC or NSW Cup, point is, this is the case atm at NSW Cup level.
It can build a poor mentality & these players simply have more to offer than the coach has been able to get from them.
The obvious preference is success at NRL level but its a little strange to see the NSW Cup players step up & handle the NRL level yet struggle in a grade well below??
As for Warriors, Canberra doing well they are inconsistent relative to the top grade so its a good example.
The Dogs Last year...apart from who cares, the roster is entirely different so its a mute point.
The real issue is the players in NSW Cup are walking out, have poor attitude & seem to lack passion & commitment for the Seaeagles emblem, you think Tooves would not care??
You will find a new coach on board in 2014 so its not a point of argument, more who should it be??

Rooster (Newtown) won it last year and the Dogs won it for 3 years before that and Parra won it for 4 years before that. All 3 teams have not won a comp recently.
It shows nothing and some clubs spend to the max on NSW Cup players they can not use in first grade because of second tier contracts. Half of the Manly side are on second tier contracts and the club couldnt use them because of our salary cap issues.
Some clubs have backing from other clubs such as Parra-Wentworthville, Penrith-Windsor, Roosters-Jets, Souths-Norths, Dragons-Illawarra, West-Ryde Eastwood and you also have the Sharks and Storm combining their team this year. Next year the Knights will have Wyong. The Bulldogs have the backing of there Club.
The NSW Cup is nothing comp and Manly proved that when we moved our players to the Qld Cup and won it. Manly need another club to take over control of the NSW Cup so they can concentrate of the NYC & NRL, maybe Belrose or even the Central Coast.

The whole point is not about the importance of NSW Cup to each individual, I personally like Manly winning any grade they compete for, but that's not really relevant either.
Its about how the players are not performing.
They should be very competitive & are not.
Its super they can step up when required but prefer harmony as these things can turn bad & divide players on other levels if they get out of hand.
No doubt imo that this will be rectified soon & was simply getting opinion on the viability of Cliffy & Beaver...

Beaver should do that field trainer that tooves did before he was coach. i dunno what its called but it involves carrying a water bottle and sending messages. I think beaver will improve the spirit on the field.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4