Cliffy named in Australian Legends Team to Play PNG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Cliffy is outlasting us all:angel:
Beaver has a long way to go before he can hang up his boots, if he is to follow in Cliffy's footsteps.
------------------------------------------------------
AUSTRALIAN LEGENDS TEAM NAMED FOR ELA MOTORS LEGENDS OF LEAGUE

The Australian Legends team has today been announced to take on PNG in the ELA MOTORS LEGENDS OF LEAGUE match on Sunday 18th November.

The Australian team contains a host of former greats including recently retired Bronco Petero Civoniceva. Other notable names in the team include Robbie O’Davis, John Hopoate, Paul Sironen, Scott Sattler and Noel Goldthorpe. For many of the players it will be their first visit to PNG and they are relishing the opportunity according to PNG NRL BID CEO Brad Tassell;

“Interest is certainly growing each year in the Legends concept and the Australian players are very excited about taking on the PNG Legends. A few have vivid memories of playing PNG and how tough and physical the matches were and even though the players are older now, they still expect some of the same treatment. It is fantastic that we are able to attract some high profile former Australian greats and I have no doubt that the event will continue to grow each year and be a regular fixture on the PNG Rugby League calendar.”

Tassell said the match was a great opportunity for PNG Rugby League:

“It is an excellent way to further strengthen rugby league relationships between the two nations and show that we can attract and manage international events regularly successfully. I have said all along that the prime reason for the concept way to change the perception of PNG and rugby league in the country and the Ela Motors Legends of League event gives us that opportunity, while also remembering and recognising the rich history of rugby league in PNG and Australia and the great players who represented their respective nations.”

Tassell also reminded former PNG Kumuls players to register with the BID office;

“While we have had a few already register we would like a big representation so we can properly recognise the players who have represented PNG. ONLY players who resister at the BID office BEFORE the match will be allowed to take part in the lap of honour so make sure you register your name and contact details now.”

AUSTRALIAN LEGENDS TEAM:
1. Robbie O’Davis
2. Nathan Blacklock
3. Scott Hill
4. Matt Geyer
5. John Hopoate
6. Julian O’Neill
7. Noel Goldthorpe
8. Martin Lang
9. Jamie Goddard
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Paul Sironen
12. Bryan Neibling
13. Scott Sattler
14. Justin Loomans
15. Cliff Lyons
16. Sid Domic
17. Stuart Kelly
18. Leo Dynover
19. Sean Hoppe
20. Jamie Feeney
Coach: Max Krilich
Managers: Steve Jackson/Tony Currie

Former PNG Kumuls players are reminded to contact the PNG NRL BID office on 325 9499 to register their name and contact details for the lap of honour prior to the ELA Motors Legends of League clash on Sunday 18th November.
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.pngnrlbid.com/index.php?page_id=217
http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=816016

I'm not quite sure all of those guys are legends. I mean some players like Jamie Feeney and Leo Dynevor are obviously near immortal status, but some others are a bit of a stretch.

Well done to Cliffy though. I would love to see him play again. Is this going to be televised?

Some of those older blokes will be hoping that the man affectionally known as the Menzie 'jukebox' Yere isn't playing for PNG or they'll be coming home with a few sore ribs

Thought the same thing, Mad Marcus...

They cetainly trot out the "legend"tag a little to freely for mine.

Some on that list made massive headlines for all the wrong reasons. Now they are legends - go figure. Nate Miles will be there in a decade. They tarnish the reputations of the good ones by being named.

Brookie said:
well done cliffy, a few on there i never heard of?

who is loomans?
Achieved most fame from one of the seasons of Dexter. Talk about headlines for the wrong reasons..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8