"Cliffy is as good as any coach in the NRL"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
FORMER NRL star Jason Ferris rated Cliff Lyons in the same category as premiership-winning coaches Craig Bellamy, John Lang and Tim Sheens after the Sea Eagles legend masterminded Narraweena’s second consecutive grand final victory on Sunday at Brookvale Oval.

Read the full article

I'd love to know how he would go coaching defense. but would also love to see him give Foz and DCE some tips too

Maybe he should team up with Des...it might help when trying to keep DCE and Fozz at Manly when their contracts are up.

EagleRock40 said:
Maybe he should team up with Des...it might help when trying to keep DCE and Fozz at Manly when their contracts are up.
Great idea EagleRock40. I saw Cliffy working on Chatswood Chase renos a year or so ago. Shame for such a highly respected player and legend to be labouring and not passing on his golden skills as you suggest. The young guys like DCE and Foran surely would revere him as a God.

So it looks like there are a few guys wanting to step up in the coaching ranks at Manly - Orford, Tooves and Lyons. Hope we can find a place for them all.

I have always thought that the club should have looked after Cliffy a lot better than they have. My favourite Manly player by a long way and would have played for us for virtually nothing, judging from his biography.

Cant see Cliffy as an NRL coach to be brutally honest but no doubt he could teach some old fashioned ball playing skills like few others could.

That said you cant have every Manly old boy on the payroll, as much as some of us would like to. Plus when they are asked to move on like everybody is, it creates massive headlines as we have seen so far this week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4