1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cliffy is as good as any coach in the NRL"

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    FORMER NRL star Jason Ferris rated Cliff Lyons in the same category as premiership-winning coaches Craig Bellamy, John Lang and Tim Sheens after the Sea Eagles legend masterminded Narraweena’s second consecutive grand final victory on Sunday at Brookvale Oval.

Read the full article

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I'd love to know how he would go coaching defense. but would also love to see him give Foz and DCE some tips too

3. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Maybe he should team up with Des...it might help when trying to keep DCE and Fozz at Manly when their contracts are up.

4. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 37
    Great idea EagleRock40. I saw Cliffy working on Chatswood Chase renos a year or so ago. Shame for such a highly respected player and legend to be labouring and not passing on his golden skills as you suggest. The young guys like DCE and Foran surely would revere him as a God.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    So it looks like there are a few guys wanting to step up in the coaching ranks at Manly - Orford, Tooves and Lyons. Hope we can find a place for them all.

6. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I thought I read somewhere at the start of the year that Cliffy was involved during pre season training.

7. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    I have always thought that the club should have looked after Cliffy a lot better than they have. My favourite Manly player by a long way and would have played for us for virtually nothing, judging from his biography.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Orford as coach? wtf?

9. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Cliffy as Toyota Cup coach!!! Woohoo...

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I always liked Jason Ferris when he played for us. Does he still play in our area?

11. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    Cant see Cliffy as an NRL coach to be brutally honest but no doubt he could teach some old fashioned ball playing skills like few others could.

That said you cant have every Manly old boy on the payroll, as much as some of us would like to. Plus when they are asked to move on like everybody is, it creates massive headlines as we have seen so far this week.