Cliff lyons joins coaching staff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Just confirming the great news we already knew ;) excellent!

Now bring back the beaver and the trio is complete!!!

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=45964&title=cliff-lyons-returns-to-sea-eagles

Wow - Santa is focused on Manly this year :angel:

Now for the NRL to schedule all 3 grades at Brookie!!!!

Just reminds me of all the greats I saw comming through as Under23's, Reserves and then First Grade :heart:

Tooves, with his shiny blond hair and Beaver with his skinny aneamic legs - Good Times are here again :D

Moondog said:
If Foran wants to learn from one of the best five-eighths in the business he's got his opportunity.

Exactly! Cliffy will be a busy man next year but it would be great if he can squeeze in some 1 on 1 work with Foran. Cliffy was the best ball distributor in the business so there is plenty Foran can learn off the great man!

Sometimes good things fall apart for better things to happen.
The Manly news just keeps on getting better.

6545923693_7395c84811_s.jpg

Excellent news. Can't wait to see how Foran performs with his input. Our halves are already awesome, some fine tuning from Sir Cliff and it's good times for all!! Especially us fans.

Well it's great to see the LEGEND is back where he belongs. At least the only way is up for the NSW cup team they cant get any lower.

mickqld said:
Well it's great to see the LEGEND is back where he belongs. At least the only way is up for the NSW cup team they cant get any lower.

They can come last every year for all I care. Same with the 20s. The number 1 priority for every grade below first grade should be about getting them ready for the NRL. The second it becomes about winning games your doing your chances at the top level a disservice. All I want to see out of every years U20s teams is a few players kick on to become regular first graders if that happens then the coach has done a good job. Next to zero point IMO of winning these lower grade comps if it doesn't translate to first grade premierships. All it does do really is make it harder for you to hold onto them because they are more likely to get pinched by other clubs.

Masked Eagle said:
mickqld said:

They can come last every year for all I care. Same with the 20s. The number 1 priority for every grade below first grade should be about getting them ready for the NRL. The second it becomes about winning games your doing your chances at the top level a disservice. All I want to see out of every years U20s teams is a few players kick on to become regular first graders if that happens then the coach has done a good job. Next to zero point IMO of winning these lower grade comps if it doesn't translate to first grade premierships. All it does do really is make it harder for you to hold onto them because they are more likely to get pinched by other clubs.

All very well to say that ME but our current crop of young stars in firsts came from a top of the table U20's squad and a premeirship winning QLD cup side.

mickqld said:
Masked Eagle said:
mickqld said:

All very well to say that ME but our current crop of young stars in firsts came from a top of the table U20's squad and a premeirship winning QLD cup side.

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive ideals, but lets not forget we have played several players over the last few years in our NSW & QLD Cup sides who were still eligiable for U20s and I'd say harming the chances of both teams to have success but those players will be better for it and so will our NRL side in the years to come. That's a much better philosophy to have then going out strictly to pick teams to win lower grade comps. To put it this way, I wouldn't sack a lower grade coach if they didn't win a game as long as if a player stepped up they performed. Likewise I seriously consider chopping a coach even if they were on top of the ladder if the players were not where they should be when it comes to playing at the next level.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4