Clean out time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mateo would be great with a forward pack doing the grunt work, the space he creates is awesome. I hope we keep him.

Symonds does have some good attributes, agreed. But he isn't a tackle breaking second row. He can run a line and makes his tackles. But that ever gonna be a threat. We don't have any threat at all in our second row. Buhrer is being sorely missed.

Too the person who said next year will be better, sure I harbour hope, but I fear we are replacing junk with different junk. Myles is not the player he was - nowhere near it. Brown is ok, is an impact player at best. And lussick is a penalty dispenser.

As much as I love killer and Lyon. They have lost that bit off pace that centres need.

Hate to be negative, this is just the Way I see it at present.

We wont win a comp next year but brown and myles are infinitely better than our current pack of no hopers. It's a step in the right direction.

Jake T excluded.

How bad is Luke burgess. I am still astonished that we bought him.

Souths must have almost fallen over laughing when we asked them To release him.

As I said in another post in a perfect world you wouldn't have any of Mason, Horo, Burgess or Mateo. None of them are first grade standard and having them all in the one team means you are assured of finishing in the bottom 4. Hang on.

So bad he topped the metres gained by our forwards......

This game was simply a reality check - beating the likes of Newcastle/Cronulla/Knights then jumping from the lightweight to heavyweight division showed where the team is really at in 2015.
The effort was ok & it was the same issue as usual against a top 4 team - too strong & dominant in the middle & looked far too quick out wide - Hiku for Tom had me puzzled tbh.......
Due to the lack of speed in the ruck, the centres got poor ball & could not create anything.
Dont be fooled into thinking it was a terrible performance - just a different standard opposition to the teams Manly have recently beaten

Yeah we were simply outclassed. I have never bagged Hiku before, but he should be playing for the Raiders the way he turned up tonight....disgraceful.

I'm tired of the Horo's and Mason's of the world; get rid of the crap. I'd rather young and untried prospects struggling to keep up with FG, than washed up crap, because at least there is light at the end of tunnel when the young guys grow from the experience.

We still need plenty of young talent in the backs for next year. Happy for Ramien to step up. I would have liked to have seen Demetriou play in the Centres the other week? What we really are lacking is someone other then snake who is super quick. I thought Turbo could be that kid. He may have plenty of toe when he opens up, but so far he seems a little slow over the first 10 metres at nrl level to really cause most defences much concern. But give him time we forget her w young he is too.

A young Jennings from panthers sounds like a good pick up.
A Uate, who's career is going south at the Knights would also be nice.

We are way to slow out wide.

I think the club has already started to address some weaknesses in our pack. I expect a much strong performance next year.

We have to sort out our wingers cause they are so unreliable under the high ball, we rarely get any tries from bombs to the wings and they are all at sea. Tonight 2 mistakes cost us 8 early points and made it so much harder.

Now that we are out of contention and DCE is likely to be ruled out for a few weeks we should look at a few changes, I would personally like to see Foran go to half, Brett into 5/8 and give young Tom T a chance at full back.

Not playing him tonight was a dead loss as Hiku was so off his game.

Mateo and jake. Are the only forwards who did anything with any purpose tonight.

dickhands burgess, arm grab horo, pedestrian ballin, no threat at all Symonds. Off the pace willie.

Our team looked slow, no grunt in the tackles, no leg drive. It was hard to watch. Don't think we even made 1000 metres collectively.

I know this is who we are stuck with this year. And I know steps have been twken to rectify. But we were never really in that game, and have looked ordinary all year.

Joe Kelly can take the burgess from another family and rack off.

A lot Of our great team are On tired legs, and I hate seeing it. But we really need to reinvigorate our squad.

Losing a halfback is tough, but in no way excuses the insipid performance from the forwards.
I thought Symonds had a good game apart from one big mistake. Willie tried but is getting past it .
Agree Horo and Burgess were dreadful . That feeble tackle Horo attempted on Morgan was dreadful.

Mateo would be great with a forward pack doing the grunt work, the space he creates is awesome. I hope we keep him.

Symonds does have some good attributes, agreed. But he isn't a tackle breaking second row. He can run a line and makes his tackles. But that ever gonna be a threat. We don't have any threat at all in our second row. Buhrer is being sorely missed.

Too the person who said next year will be better, sure I harbour hope, but I fear we are replacing junk with different junk. Myles is not the player he was - nowhere near it. Brown is ok, is an impact player at best. And lussick is a penalty dispenser.

As much as I love killer and Lyon. They have lost that bit off pace that centres need.

Hate to be negative, this is just the Way I see it at present.
Mateo has never been great and never will, please.

Mateo can be a good ball playing back rower when he doesn't push offloads to no one or unsuspecting team mates. But I wouldn't think that there is any serious thought to shifting him to 5/8 full time.

Hope there is more money available. We need two or three more quality forwards.

Or here's a thought, develop a few.

We dont have a right side edge defence. We dont have a winger who plays week in week out and can build a relationship with the inside man jamie lyon. Lyon is losing his pace and unfortunately isnt the best centre in the game anymore. Maybe its the niggling injuries and stuff but he's definitely lost the pizzazz that made players fear him. Cowboys knew these things. They came in with an obvious game plan and peppered our right edge defence all night and thats what got them points to establish the game for them. We lost our halfback and looked lost in attack in the 2nd half. Shock horror! Stop complaining about the players performance. Everybody put in tonight we were just out done by a better team with a smart game plan. What needs to be asked is who the **** coats our players hands in ****ing vasoline before big games??? Why can we not hold the ****ing pill in important games?!?!?! If we didnt drop so much ball last night we amount pressure and possibly more points. Pressure means less ball for them and less points for them. We would have gone a lot further to winning that game if we didnt turn it over so damn much.

I thought we already had the clean out.

I am not seeing

Glenn Stewart
Anthony Watmough
Jason King

add Buhrer and Lawrence and we only have Matt Ballin from our starting pack from last year.

Then you fail to replace them because your halves are coming off contract and demanding massive $$$$

And that is how you go from having the best pack in the NRL to having the worst within 6 months.

Well done Manly.

PS it could be worse if we didn't have Mason and Jake T.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6