Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After pro surfing he'll then want to be an astronaut before coming back to NRL

And the common denominator in most of those sports is they are individual not team sports. Hayne has never been a team player and would just add to our already disastrous team bonding situation

Mark I think if any charges are laid the court may have a presumption of innocence over the course of the court case, but I can guarantee the league fraternity won"t. Knights reserve graders would be a bridge too far in regards to recruitment and retaining players would be incredibly difficult as well.

I am very hopeful of a good outcome but in the unlikely event that charges are laid (given the betting movements) the consequences for our club may be graver than many think as, being Manly, we will be drawn and quartered far more savagely in the League world,regardless of any verdict in the court case, than any other club.I think it is safe to say Toddy wont be going out of his way to help us.

And right there people is the massive issue for this club, almost regardless we will be forever tainted, wether charges are made or not but if they are I see only gloom & doom ahead of us, even if they go to court and are found not guilty (we have already seen this happen since the not guilty verdict a few years ago) this **** will go on for years.

I'm a bit like you mate the more I read the more I think it's just contrived bull**** spread by some shady characters and picked up by a rabbid press, however as we know " mud sticks".

Grim times ahead I feel.

I'm a simple sort of guy but from where I sit and view proceedings, Joe Kelly appears to totally answer to the "owners". The problem is the word "owners". Manly Sea Eagles is my club. There is different views on ownership. If they are just there to satisfy those that put the money it will crumble. Money does not buy success, buying players does not necessary buy success. Team work, on all fronts, achieves success.

Troubles me somewhat with the criticism of Fulton, which I dont think is entirely deserved. To be clear

a. There is no evidence that he had anything to do with Toovey being kicked out. That was obviously decided early 2015 if not before. Fulton came onto the scene in July 2015
Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant
to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - (Posted April 2015)

(Tell me that he wasn't talking to the Penns before that...like, 2013, 2014?)

b. Whether Barrett (and Cartwright) is a good choice for coach or not, he was being chosen for the job a few months before Fulton arrived. Fulton may or may not have been involved but was he the one making the choice?
Manly’s renovation job no place for a rookie coach
If recent reports regarding Fortress Brookvale are true – and let’s face it, where there’s smoke on the Peninsula there’s a Daly Cherry-Evans sized inferno – Manly’s proven historic winning blueprint is poised for the scrapheap in favour of an untried coach named Trent Barrett. (posted June 2015)
(Fulton was on the scene at least by APRIL. He maybe didn't make the decision, but I'm sure that he was INFLUENTIAL - nudge, nudge)

c. The change of of support staff, defense coach, fitness coach etc was also done last year before Fulton's tenure.
Before April - Really?

The Penns run the show, not Fulton. He is hired to do a job, which he did well. But it doesnt say he agrees with all the Penns do. I would suspect he is as saddened by what happened to Toovey as we are. Mind you I am aware he was somewhat impressed by Barrett
He had to have been...

Lets not load all the blame on Fulton's shoulders. His not God and he does make mistakes, no question. But to a degree he saved Manly's bacon by getting DCE to change his mind and then recruiting Walker, Parcell, Taupau and Myles. The Manly club has been in a tough situation because of past financial sins and hard decisions have had to be made to free up the cash. I would say he also regretted losing Gutherson. I would hate the job and the mess he has been loaded with. He can only do what he can do.
Any facts to support this?

Last edited:
Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant
to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - (Posted April 2015)

(Tell me that he wasn't talking to the Penns before that...like, 2013, 2014?)

Manly’s renovation job no place for a rookie coach
If recent reports regarding Fortress Brookvale are true – and let’s face it, where there’s smoke on the Peninsula there’s a Daly Cherry-Evans sized inferno – Manly’s proven historic winning blueprint is poised for the scrapheap in favour of an untried coach named Trent Barrett. (posted June 2015)
(Fulton was on the scene at least by APRIL. He maybe didn't make the decision, but I'm sure that he was INFLUENTIAL - nudge, nudge)

Before April - Really?

He had to have been...

Any facts to support this?

OK I stand corrected...not the first time...but I still say what do you expect Fulton to do? Manly was a mess as I said. If he hadnt come in it would be more of a mess. Someone had to come iN and take control and make decisions.

The Penns and co seemed clueless and had fumbled around for the previous year trying to keep their two stars at the expense of others such as Hiku. They put all their eggs in one baskEt though to get Foran and DCE decided he wasnt wanted and took the Titan's offer, while impressing he wanted to stay. Foran chose Parra and Manly was left without both stars. Enter Fulton.

The thing is Manly were a rabble as far back as 2014 even though they were winning. There was internal strife in the committee as well as with the players. From the time they let Glenn Stewart go there was an unworkable environment that Toovey remarkably was able to still contain. But it was the Penns not Futon who wanted Toovey out because of his support of the opposition on the Board.

As has been pointed out on a Roar article, it may be that Barrett is no suitable. Fulton is no idiot. If it doesnt work he'll look elsewhere. Cleary's name has even been mentioned. But for me I'm glad Fulton is there because otherwise we would be looking at a far worse scenario.

Thing is Fulton grabbed a group of players who should be performing far better than they are. He's not the coach. He got what was needed. The rest is up to Barrett...or who ever follows. Would love it to be Toovey, but that wont happen.

Last edited:
OK I stand corrected...not the first time...but I still say what do you expect Fulton to do? Manly was a mess as I said. If he hadnt come in it would be more of a mess. Someone had to come iN and take control and make decisions.

The Penns and co seemed clueless and had fumbled around for the previous year trying to keep their two stars at the expense of others such as Hiku. They put all their eggs in one baskEt though to get Foran and DCE decided he wasnt wanted and took the Titan's offer, while impressing he wanted to stay. Foran chose Parra and Manly was left without both stars. Enter Fulton.

The thing is Manly were a rabble as far back as 2014 even though they were winning. There was internal strife in the committee as well as with the players. From the time they let Glenn Stewart go there was an unworkable environment that Toovey remarkably was able to still contain. But it was the Penns not Futon who wanted Toovey out because of his support of the opposition on the Board.

As has been pointed out on a Roar article, it may be that Barrett is no suitable. Fulton is no idiot. If it doesnt work he'll look elsewhere. Cleary's name has even been mentioned. But for me I'm glad Fulton is there because otherwise we would be looking at a far worse scenario.

Thing is Fulton grabbed a group of payers or should be performing far better than they are. He's not the coach. He got what was needed. The rest is up to Barrett...who who ever follows. Would love it to be Toovey, but that wont happen.

Hi mate,

No problem there...

supposedly shaun fensom is on the outer after paulo joined the club, couldnt think of many players id prefer for our team. would slot into the #13 perfectly. Wouldn't mind will smith from the panthers as well, versatile, speedy can cover a number of positions. Panthers need to let some players go.

Fensom? Another lightweight backrow tackling machine in case Buhrer, Brown, Leary aren't enough?
Speaking of which, Buhrer is all class and one of my favourites, but he must appear on lot of other player's highlight reel, usually for flying through the air after taking a hit up or attempting a tackle.
Personally I think we need more power up front.

would take this squad: although would prefer a more experienced five eighth, giving smith and koroisau a chance to fight for it could pay off , and lets be honest is much more likely than signing a gun half..
1 trbojevic

2 taufua

3 walker

4 matai

5 bowen

6 smith

7 DCE

8 Trbojevic

9 parcell

10 asofa solomona

11 buhrer

12 taupau

13 fensom

14 myles

15 fonua blake

16 knight

17 vave

18 koroisau

19 lussick

20 bainbridge

21 williame

22 pratt

23 kelly

24 cust

25 ramien

26 meehan

And mead? No thanks he would be worse than Myles. He is slow and offer nothing really IMO and average player at best on the wing.
comparing Titans best to Myles is disgraceful and then to top it off and call him slow :giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6