Claim to Fame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Played junior footy with k.foran, who at the time was coached by our ceo david perry for a year (which went onto win the comp).

Four blokes I went to school with are currently serving maximum jail sentences at long bay.

back in my junior league days u/21 we had a bloke from c grade u/16 who use to play his grade and then come and play with us and he was just about always our best if not best on the field. his nickname was rocky,i don't know where he got napper from!
cheers mike

Clint said:
Time for a bit of showing off. What is your claim to fame? Who have you played a sport with, that is a whole lot more talented than yourself, that has gone on to bigger and better things?

I played school boy footy with Chris Ryan, who went on to play with the Western Reds. Did he play a few games for us before hand?

I went to school with Kris Watson who played a few games for Newcastle.

I also played cricket with Phil Hughes at Sawtell (just south of Coffs Harbour).

Thats about all I've got I think.
Bet there are plenty more on here though.

chris ryan was a bloody good player we just had so much talent in them mid 90`s we had to let Ivan cleary go as well as him ..

My sister hanged with Ron Costello`s daughter they were good freinds..
thats it for me lol

Bob, the quality of your albums declined after manly started to win premierships, what happened?

Ps you're still my fave artist

Like a complete unknown: Bob Dylan frogmarched to collect ID after rookie policewoman fails to recognise scruffy music legend

He has sold albums by the million and was the idol of the 1960s protest movement. But yesterday Bob Dylan discovered what it's like to be just a face in the crowd.

Police were called in a quiet seaside town after he was spotted freewheelin' down the street and apparently acting suspiciously. A 22-year-old female officer demanded to see his identification papers.

He assumed she would at least recognise the name if not the face. But she ordered him into the back of her car and took him to his hotel to check his story.

Music legend: Bob Dylan had been taking an afternoon stroll when residents of Long Branch, New Jersey complained of a man 'acting suspiciously'

Then she radioed her older colleagues at the police station to ask if anyone knew who Bob Dylan was.

'I'm afraid we all fell about laughing,' said Craig Spencer, a senior officer in Long Branch, New Jersey. 'If it was me, I'd have been demanding his autograph, not his ID.

'The poor woman has taken rather a lot of abuse from us. I offered to bring in some of my Dylan albums. Unfortunately, she doesn't know what vinyl is either.'

It was in 1965 that Dylan wrote Like A Rolling Stone, with its line: 'How does it feel to be on your own, a complete unknown?'

He found out while staying at the Ocean Place Resort in Long Branch. Before taking part in a concert with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp, he decided to take a stroll through the town's Latin quarter.

'Residents called to complain there was an old scruffy man acting suspiciously,' said officer Spencer. 'It was an odd request because it was mid-afternoon. But it's an ethnic Latin area and the residents felt he didn't fit in.'

Grew up with mates who went on to NRL & rep footy & rated pretty well till priorities went to big nights out & ended up with a shocking knee injury - self destruction, no hard luck story here. Claim to fame now is selling houses :p & self taught on guitar so if you like music check out triple j unearthed - my artist name is matty k. ;)

Cambo said:
Clint said:
I also played cricket with Phil Hughes at Sawtell (just south of Coffs Harbour).

Sorry bro you cant say thats a claim to fame.

Hes a HAck at best. Just proves when you get a blues hat they give you a baggy green in a brown paper bag :)

Nice one Queenslanduuurrr ;)

Did you play for Asquith?

seaeagles4life said:
Played junior footy with k.foran, who at the time was coached by our ceo david perry for a year (which went onto win the comp).

byso said:
Did you play for Asquith?

seaeagles4life said:

Foran played one year with the North Sydney Brothers after playing the majority of his footy at asquith, so he could play with his school mates. Before Manly picked him up

seaeagles4life said:

Did i read this right? Are you saying that Kieran Foran was coached by Dave Perry as a junior?

How did we not know this before? or am I the only one who didnt know?

Surely that is a good connection for us and a positive for him remaining at the club.

a old ex work colleague of my cousins aunties husband served george rose a soft serve with choc on top at brookvale macca's. Des was there too and he ordered a salad and wanted a receipt to go :)

conanu said:
seaeagles4life said:

Did i read this right? Are you saying that Kieran Foran was coached by Dave Perry as a junior?

How did we not know this before? or am I the only one who didnt know?

Surely that is a good connection for us and a positive for him remaining at the club.

coached him for one year, five years ago. Hardly a des/b.stewart relationship but a positive nonetheless.

Went to school with Dean Ritchie,Clayton Kearney,Billy and Freddy Teasdell not all in the same years as me but some older some younger.

I went to school with Nick Farr-Jones
I played over 35's soccer with former player John Gray for a few seasons in the late 90's until he was seriously injured.
I worked with Lee Oudenryn for a few months in the early 90's and beat him at table tennis.
I almost had a road rage incident with a former tough long haired Balmain front rower in the Five Dock area once, If we had have had one I wouldn't be here to talk about it.
I saw a Norths player, who's name rhymed with a popular drug take a carton of milk without paying from a shop near NSO.
I vacated my flat one evening for an hour or two while a tricky half paid a visit to my attractive flatmate.

mickqld said:
Went to school with Dean Ritchie,Clayton Kearney,Billy and Freddy Teasdell not all in the same years as me but some older some younger.
should've smacked Ritchie in the mouth when you had the chance.

Brookvale said:
a old ex work colleague of my cousins aunties husband served george rose a soft serve with choc on top at brookvale macca's. Des was there too and he ordered a salad and wanted a receipt to go :)

Everybody has served george rose a soft serve with choc on top at brookvale macca's

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6