1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

City and Country Teams

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I know this has been touched on in a couple of other threads but thought we might as well have the teams listed here for discussion. Well done to Horhay and JB on their selection. Couple of ex Sea Eagles there as well

NSW City: Matt Moylan, Daniel Tupou, Will Hopoate, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Josh Reynolds, A Reynolds, Andrew Fifita, Beau Falloon, Aaron Woods, Tony Williams, Ryan Hoffman (capt), Wade Graham. Interchange: Jamie Buhrer, David Klemmer, Tim Grant, Aidan Sezer. 18th man: Trent Hodkinson.

NSW Country: Josh Dugan, Michael Gordon, Jack Wighton, Jamal Idris, James McManus, Tyrone Roberts, Trent Merrin, Mitch Rein, Aiden Tolman (capt), Beau Scott, Josh Jackson, Adam Docker. Interchange: Josh McCrone, Paul Vaughan, Dale Finucane, Tariq Sims. 18th man: TBA

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/reynoldsmullen-duel-could-decide-nsw-origin-fiveeighth-20140427-zr0ga.html#ixzz309MSBr4d

2. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Where does Brenton L come from ? Can't believe he didn't get a run :mad:

3. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +326 / 4
    Queensland have claimed him.....

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,838 / 103
    A totally irrelevant match that lost its intent when country was represented by players actually playing in the country. It was originally a way of showcasing country talent to city recruiters.
    Now it is just a revenue raiser that can cause injury, and has no bearing on SOO selection.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Worst country team in many a season. Choc full of players whose teams aren't even close to the top 8.

6. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,336 / 51
    Was Peats unavailable? How could Falloon get ahead of him?

• Like Like x 1
  7. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Interesting that Dugan was picked. Thought he would of been NSW fullback and rested. No Pearce. Does that mean another year at him in charge of NSW?

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Injured- out for 3 weeks

9. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Pearce was endorsed as the NSW halfback by Laurie Daley back in February before the season had even started. Good way to give incentive to other NSW halfbacks......they basically have to hope he gets injured for them to be any chance of selection.

BJ is a Queenslander, born in McKay, moved to Adelaide when he was 9. This means he lived in Qld before his 13th birthday .

I too would have thought that as the incumbent NSW fullback Josh Duggan would have been rested for the City vs Country game. I guess his selection is to give him more game time (he's only been back for the past 2 games and could be underdone). Don't get me wrong but I'm kinda glad Snake wasn't selected even though I thought he deserved to be. It means we don't lose him to rep duty and a possible injury while not even playing for Manly.

I have to admit to some kind of shock. I haven't yet seen the usual articles in the Telecrap calling for City vs Country to be scrapped. Maybe they've realised its falling on deaf ears? Nah, give them time......

Well done to all the Manly players selected in all rep teams. Not shocked that Cooper Cronk kept his starting spot in the test side, but DCE would not look out of place in a green and gold jumper with a gold #7 on his back instead of #14.

10. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,724 / 10
    Outdated Imperialist Dogma, ;)

11. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,404 / 35
    Yeah that is an average country team.

City should win that game easy. Well dont to Jamie and Jorge for being picked

(now for the compulsory "Fingers crossed they dont get injured post") :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Buhrer now to start at lock for City.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Aren't Dugan and Gordon ruled out as well?
    And who's the Country 5/8...Mullen?

I still like the concept but agree it's rapidly losing it's lustre and may not survive long-term.

There are still plenty of players that seem proud to be picked and, when priced and promoted right, reasonable interest in the game in the bush.

Mates and I have travelled to see it in the past and even trial games pull decently in Wagga and Albury...As do AFL games.

Losing another fixture in the bush, such as City v Country, and not replacing it somehow, gives the AFL yet another advantage out here.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Fifita and Hoffman played themselves into the NSW side in this game last year

15. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    and they'll do so again this year.

16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    I still can't figure out how David Mead is eligible to play for Country and thus NSW. He played for PNG in the WC 6 months ago.....

I know he grew up in NSW but I thought playing for another country was supposed to disqualify a player from Aussie domestic rep footy for 2 years?

17. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,625 / 113
  18. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Last year was a WC year, I think eligibility starts again.

19. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Fm we are on delay again- I hate channel nine.
    [hr]
    Country doing it easy george has barely
    touched he'd the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Who won?
    I haven't watched the Nein Sunday fame live in years, and these ad breaks are longer than the game sequence :mad:

22.mins in and Buhrer is going well. :) JT is Trex like in involvememt :(