ciao Bryant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Assuming King is right to return after the bye, and Cuthbo is back, surely Bryant is the one to make way.  Hall is twice the player.

He should be the one to miss out, but don't bag him out on his efforts of late, he has been pretty good

imo our front row depth is the best in the comp

Stats from today:

Bryant 107 metres from 13 hit-ups. (33 minutes)
Hall 61 metres from 7 hit-ups. (30 minutes)

No idea why Boxy gets such a raw deal. This year he's had a good workrate and good stats. I know stats don't show everything, but Boxy's doing a fine job as a bench prop. So is Hall however, but I wouldn't say he's going any better than Bryant at this stage.

To my knowledge King won't be back, even after the bye. Still a little way off.

Correct Wil, he cops a bloody raw deal on here.

Some of his early season efforts were a wee bit limp but he has really built his season since then.

willstyles link said:
Stats from today:

Bryant 107 metres from 13 hit-ups. (33 minutes)
  How many of those metres came from him running backwards?  and how many times did he drop the pill?

Id like to see tackle busts Bryant vs hall.
Its hard to break the line when you're running backward.

bryants ok but someone will have to miss out

I cant believe the depth we have all over the park the only area we struggle for depth is half and five  eight

we seem to have 100 props and second rowers and almost as many wingers and centres.

This bloke williams has been a find Bani is gonna have to fight for his spot when he comes back as is Kingy

Bryant is ordinary and won't be missed.  Hall has grunt.  Metres gained can't be compared full stop.  Giving away penalties is inexcusable.

I reckon Bryant is going okay. He is not flashy but does the hard stuff. Hall is good too. Hard problem to have - as we do have a lot of depth considering King, Cuthbo, Bani and Stewart were out for Manly today.

One thing that makes my mind just plain boggle, is that why does Des start with Willow, with Menzies on the bench when we are full strength? It's an insult to the mighty Bevear IMO.

I wonder how Des would have felt, if Fulton put him on the bench and started Dragan Durdavec??

Ryan link said:
One thing that makes my mind just plain boggle, is that why does Des start with Willow, with Menzies on the bench when we are full strength? It's an insult to the mighty Bevear IMO.

I wonder how Des would have felt, if Fulton put him on the bench and started Dragan Durdavec??
  Yeah, Beaver did bugger all when he came on.  He needs to weave his magic against fresh men for it to take effect.

Ryan, surely you jest.  Willo comes on to take the hard knocks and get concussed.  Then Beaver comes on to represent all us old guys and bludge around doing nothing.  Simple really. 

Mata - he is way too good to be sitting on the bench at all. He's always been an 80 minute player, has shown he EASILY still can be.

IMO, we could almost have 3 props on the bench (one being Hall - who also plays back row) ALA 2007 (actually - sometimes we went with FOUR props on the bench then.)

You also see Beaver dominate in the 1st 5 minutes against Parra (before he got injured) mate?

I am quite happy with Beaver performing the bench role, whenever he comes off the bench he has an impact.  Hopefully we sign him for next season as our bench utility, that will provide us options from the becnch and should ensure he gets Lambs record.

Garts link said:
I am quite happy with Beaver performing the bench role, whenever he comes off the bench he has an impact.  Hopefully we sign him for next season as our bench utility, that will provide us options from the becnch and should ensure he gets Lambs record.
  Amen

What I love so much about our club is its ability to take average first graders and turn them into something special.

Take a look at blokes like Rose, Cuthb, Hall, Robertson, Bani, Williams now and even Choc from a few years back. Even King.

No other clubs would have really cared much but ours have managed to turn a relative bunch of no names into a GF side and this season possibly another one.

We bag a lot but damn the coaching staff in our club have done a bloody good job.

Wholeheartedly agree Flip.

There are two other aspects to the recruitment planning that please me greatly.

1) We havnt paid overs to build the team. Thats why we have great depth. With the exception of Orford & Lyon (understandable due to our post N.E. rebuild phase) we have been smart with our purchases. Guys like Robbo producing brilliant results at a reasonable cost to the cap.

2) The construction of a team of versatile players with whats looking to be an exceptional bench coming up in 09. Versatile bench with fantastic coverage
14. Le Snack (hooker/half)
15. Perry or King
16. Menzies or Cuthbo (2row/centre/5/8/lock) (2row/prop)
17. Hall/T.Williams (prop/2row) (2row/centre/wing/)

18. JW Hargreaves/Wells

Superb coaching & recruitment planning. Near enough to the best in the comp.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2